X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Missed Mego chance

After looking at scott metzger One Million BC collection and working on my own Svengoolie presents: Valley Of The Dragons got me thinking, when Mego released the lineup to One Million BC lineup that they didn't bother to repurpose the Action Jackson Lost Continent playset. It would have matched perfect. So one wanders why they didn't came together.

Action Jackson Lost Continent 2.jpgOMBC lineup.jpgMego OMBC.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I've always felt quite gypped that the awesome OMBC Treehouse wasn't produced. (And it would have been so perfect for the Merry Men, too!)

So I specifically sought out the Lost Continent to complement my OMBC figures.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

One Million BC Treehouse

To be truthful I do not know why they just didn't reuse the treehouse since it was used in Action Jackson, Dinah-Mite and Planet of the Apes. Think of the money they would have saved.
      Action Jackson Jungle Treehouse.jpgDinah Mite Beach House.jpgPOTA Treehouse.jpgMego OMBC.jpg
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Shame they didnt make the OMBC one, would of been something new to collect rather than ANOTHER treehouse. Ive been searching for one of those lost continent sets for the last 10 years, still cant find one ;(

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Regarding the Mego Treehouse, considering they sold the heck out of that playset in 1974 and 75 under three different toy lines, I doubt they'd be able to get a fourth pass at rebranding it so quick. I think it may have played a factor as to why the Tribal Lair didn't get any traction.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

This is exactly my plan once i have the display space, and Adding the Star trek mission to Gamma VI to it to enhance the experience

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Growing up if it weren't a superhero we passed on the in general. I do not even remember POTA, Star Trek our OMBC. My brother & I had tunnel vision so we never new about the treehouse.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

^ I get that, although I did recognize Trek and POTA in addition to WGSH. I don't remember AJ, OZ, OMBC, etc. or maybe I didn't realize they were Mego, as well.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

I guess not having to pay a licensing fee for OMB allowed for money to be spent on the dinosaurs for the line. Perhaps, though, not enough to justify a playset for a line that retailers were not falling over themselves to buy. (that is an assumption. I defer to others as to whether they are not they sold well) Maybe it was just that simple.
                  Last edited by Wee67; Apr 23, '19, 5:37 PM.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎