X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Super Hero Music Scores: Pick your Theme or Main Title

One more question regarding Super Hero music scores. In the 21st Century, Super Hero movies (both DC and Marvel) no longer begin with a main title theme with opening credits. I think the only exceptions are the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh (2006), the first four Batman movies (Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney), the first three Spider Man movies with
    Tobey Maguire and the 2 Hulk movies (Bana & Norton) and the Fantastic Four (2005). But starting with either the X Men (2001) or the Dark Knight trilogy (Christian Bale).

So here is my question: Which tracks would you consider to be the hero's (or team's) main title or epic theme?

Here's my examples:

Wonder Woman : Either the early part of No Man's Land, even though the track is too long to be a main title theme. Or the electric guitar score from Batman V Superman "Is She With You?"

Aquaman: The track called "Arthur" sounds like a good theme to me.

The Dark Knight trilogy: Either the Batmobile track from Batman Begins, or the fight scene in the parking garage in the Dark Knight.
    That's all I can think of for examples, but I always wondered which tracks would be consider the main themes for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Justice League etc?

So what say you fellow Mego fans ?
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Of the modern super hero movies, only a very few themes stick out in my mind as even memorable:

The Dark Knight Trilogy's Batman theme, called "Molossus" in Batman Begins is very strong and fits in well with the other great Batman themes by Hefti, Elfman, Walker, etc.

Captain America: The First Avenger has an EXCELLENT score by Alan Silvestri. The Cap theme itself is Williams-worthy.

Likewise Silvistri's theme to The Avengers is still being used in the movies and advertising today. I just wish the Cap theme was still used more.

I didn't care for Wonder Woman's theme from BvS at first, but I now come to think of that as much of WW's theme as the old Lynda Carter one...almost.

Oh, and Michael Giacchino using an orchestrated version of the 60s animated Spider-Man theme in Homecoming's opening Marvel Studios credit was brilliant. Its being used in the trailers from Far from Home as well!

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Apr 23, '19, 7:03 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎