X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LardLad
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 13, 2012

Mego found at EB Games (Toronto)

Wandered into the EB Games on Yonge Street (South of Dundas) during lunch, I was shocked to see a few of the new Star Trek wave on pegs. I bought the only remaining Spock but there are a few Kirks and a Romulan left. Hopefully other locations will be stocking them.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Hopefully my order arrives soon, I had a "pick up in store" Romulan.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Nice to read your note! Some of the downtown locations (Yonge,Eaton Ctr,QueenW) told me last Friday to check back after Thursday for more options because they had to prioritize filling their pre-orders. Last Friday, I called ahead at Yorkdale to pick up their (at that point) last Dracula. Keep your eye out after Wednesday/ Thursday: If you call ahead, and something's in-store, they'll provide you a service to hold it until you can pick it up (especially if you are tuned in to honour the lowest Edge card price of 17.99). Keep checking their online resources for which EB locations may display carrying them if you consider calling ahead.

! Moreover, there's just something really unique about the *experience* of going into a retail store to pick a Mego in 2019, especially *in Canada*. I picked up an Invisible Man (sans glasses) on Yonge Street on Friday. IMO, out of the 3 of them that were there, the one I found for myself had no damage to the blister (the other ones had a few dings, IMO): I like picking my own. *That* is its own experience.
      Last edited by comicmike; Apr 22, '19, 2:18 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I picked up invisible man here in Halifax today. First time purchasing a Mego at retail in Canada since I was seven years old.
        They are carrying a handful of horror guys.
        Last edited by Brown Bear; Apr 22, '19, 2:45 PM. Reason: Error
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• LardLad
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 13, 2012

I forgot, there was also an Invisible Man in stock as well. I admit to feeling an atavistic thrill buying a Mego in an actual brick-and-mortar store. The last time I enjoyed that experience I was ten, the store was Kresge's and I bought Batman.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I hit the two ebs in my town and Nada. It's not a big deal, I went for the goofy "see it in person" thing.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I finally made it to ThinkGeek and saw the Monsters and Star Trek there. They don't stick out where they placed them and some have big price stickers on them that hopefully peel off easily.

It was nice to see them up close and personal. Nosferatu and Freddy Kruger look incredible. Amazing head sculpts. I didn't see Frankenstein, and I already own the Star Trek set, so I didn't look past Uhura and the Klingon to see who they had in-stock.

The blue shirt Werewolf may or may not have better paints apps than the red shirt version, but it just looks better in general.

Comment

• LardLad
                Museum Patron
                • Mar 13, 2012

Looks like EBGames Yonge and Dundas has restocked the latest wave of Star Trek and monsters. They have the new more accurate Romulan, Kirk and Spock in formal attire and Uhura. The monsters in stock are the wolfman, glow-in-the-dark Frankenstein and the Invisible Man.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎