Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

My guilty pleasure back in the day was a show called Lexx. For weirdness alone, it is exactly what you'd expect from a Canadian/German co-production. For me, it was like the often incomprehensible translations of beautifully drawn European comics reprinted in Heavy Metal Magazine, and rather unlike any other TV show, scifi or otherwise at the time. You could never predict what would happen next on the show, genuine absurd surprise and novelty at most turns.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by samurainoir
      My guilty pleasure back in the day was a show called Lexx. For weirdness alone, it is exactly what you'd expect from a Canadian/German co-production. For me, it was like the often incomprehensible translations of beautifully drawn European comics reprinted in Heavy Metal Magazine, and rather unlike any other TV show, scifi or otherwise at the time. You could never predict what would happen next on the show, genuine absurd surprise and novelty at most turns.
      I always felt there was a big Micronaut influence on the vehicles, cemented by Tony telling me some of the visual effects guys shopped at his store and indeed, collected Micronauts.

Xenia Seeberg was stunning.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
        I always felt there was a big Micronaut influence on the vehicles, cemented by Tony telling me some of the visual effects guys shopped at his store and indeed, collected Micronauts.

Xenia Seeberg was stunning.
        Oh wow! Tony from Comic Post right? I had a really good friend who worked at CORE until they shut down, and even beyond the NDA, it was always frustrating to try and chat with her about the stuff she worked on because she was too scared to watch any horror movies, and generally didn't like/watch genre stuff in the sci-fi or fantasy realm (even ones in which she's credited).

LEXX was never quite as enjoyable or quite as bonkers after they replaced Xenia Seeberg following the first four made for TV movies. That first one had me genuinely believing that Brian Bostwick was going to be the typical square jawed action hero of the show, with Brian Downey as his foil. Imagine if they had killed off the Robinsons or Captain Kirk in the pilot episode and suddenly you have a show starring Doctor Smith, an Orion Slave Girl, and Robbie the Robot's head.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎