X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Canadian TV

I just received the Ovation Channel and am enjoying Murdoch Mysteries, and I was a fan of Wind at My Back. But I always seem to discover these series piecemeal and after the fact.

Are there any other Canadian series that folks here enjoy? I recall Mutant X and several Alliance Atlantis shows that I liked, such as Beastmaster.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 20, '19, 6:36 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Alliance Atlantis did Starhunter, and I liked that show. I think my favorite Canadian show was SCTV.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Wojeck

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

As a Canadian, I'm ashamed to admit that my knowledge of Canadian TV shows is very sparse. I blame that on spending most of my life living 10 minutes away from Buffalo, NY, so the US TV stations came in much better than the Canadian channels, so American TV is was! Other than silly kids shows (e.g. The Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup, etc. ) the only Canadian shows I really watched was stuff like SCTV and Bizarre. As far as new Canadian shows go, I really enjoy Schitt's Creek, that's about it. I'm a shame to my country.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
          As a Canadian, I'm ashamed to admit that my knowledge of Canadian TV shows is very sparse. I blame that on spending most of my life living 10 minutes away from Buffalo, NY, so the US TV stations came in much better than the Canadian channels, so American TV is was! Other than silly kids shows (e.g. The Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup, etc. ) the only Canadian shows I really watched was stuff like SCTV and Bizarre. As far as new Canadian shows go, I really enjoy Schitt's Creek, that's about it. I'm a shame to my country.
          I used to really like Schitt's Creek, but at some point I lost interest, and stopped watching.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

See, I've never even heard of Schitt's Creek. It sounds funny, I love Catherine O'Hara.

I enjoyed Slings and Arrows a lot.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              See, I've never even heard of Schitt's Creek. It sounds funny, I love Catherine O'Hara.

I enjoyed Slings and Arrows a lot.
              Schitt’s Creek is available on Netflix. It’s popular and I hear that it’s quite funny.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

Seeing Things with Louie Del Grande was one of my favorites growing up, but it probably isn't possible to see it.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                  Seeing Things with Louie Del Grande was one of my favorites growing up, but it probably isn't possible to see it.
                  A couple of episodes are on YouTube, I love all the city scenes, 80s Toronto.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

The Bobby Vinton Show

Back in the day me and my family watched it religiously

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                      Schitt’s Creek is available on Netflix. It’s popular and I hear that it’s quite funny.

- Ian

If you have a Roku,it's on their channel for free.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                        The Bobby Vinton Show

Back in the day me and my family watched it religiously
                        lol We did, too. I had no idea it was Canadian, but I was slow ion the uptake with SCTV, too.

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

For newer shows I really like Orphan Black and Baroness von Sketch Show (all female sketch comedy show).

I think Schitt's Creek is okay, but I think O'Hara, Levy and Chris Elliott are three of the funniest people ever, so it's probably impossible to do a show that lives up to my expectations of what they could achieve.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brazoo

I think Schitt's Creek is okay, but I think O'Hara, Levy and Chris Elliott are three of the funniest people ever, so it's probably impossible to do a show that lives up to my expectations of what they could achieve.
                            Yeah, I share this. I think the show is fine but I adore the entire cast and I guess I thought I'd be gaga for it. Weirdly my parents love it and boy did they moan when I turned on SCTV or Get a Life.

It's filmed like 20 minutes north of my house, I've always wanted to go up there and see if I can get an autograph or two.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

You Canadians should not be complaining about your TV programming. At least it’s not Mexican programming, nothing but lame telenovelas, stupid insipid game shows, flyweight/bantamweight/lightweight boxing, and their boring mediocre league soccer.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎