X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
    I agree to disagree. I loved Danny Elfman's Batman and Spider Man and Justice League scores. The only Super Hero score that I felt Elfman fell flat on was the Hulk 2003. I was actually disappointed with it. Hulk sounded like music from an Asian martial arts movie. Maybe Elfman was requested this style of music by Ang Lee. Hulk 2003 ranks up there with Elliot Goldenthal's music scores from the Joel Schumacher Batman movies.
    That's totally fair, it's all just personal taste, right? I do love a lot of Elfman scores. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure might honestly be one of my favorite movie scores of all time. Does Darkman count as a superhero? I think I liked that one a lot.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I liked Darkman, but it was very Batman. I enjoyed The Shadow score much more--Jerry Goldsmith.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Beyond the obvious, you need to recognize the majesty of James Horner's score to The Rocketeer. It is utterly perfect for that film, and fits like a glove. Heroic and sentimental.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Here is proof that Henry Jackman has the chops to write fantastic music for the Marvel films, if only he were allowed:

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

But truly, the soundtrack to Mego is not any modern score, it's the Power Records that seem like they were made for Mego kids to play by.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Love, love, love The Rocketeer, saw in in grad school and it's "just my speed." I mean that in all the best ways. Perfect cast and score.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
                But truly, the soundtrack to Mego is not any modern score, it's the Power Records that seem like they were made for Mego kids to play by.
                I have to agree with that one. Superman The Movie (and maybe Superman II) was the only Super Hero on the big screen when Megos were out in the stores. Even though Mego is retro compared to the Super Hero movies out today, I still find it interesting that most of the DC and Marvel Heroes and Villains that Mego made figures of back then have appeared on the big screen since.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎