X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Music With Your Megos: Favorite Super Hero Movie Music Scores

For anyone who likes musical scores from Super Hero movies, what are your favorites? I came up with this question because I recently listened to the

Batman movie score by Danny Elfman from 1989 while browsing the Mego Museum Galleries and reading about the Batman characters 8 inch and 12 inch figures.

Just curious.
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

The John Williams score for Superman The Movie remains my all time favourite super hero movie theme.
    I also like Elfman's Batman theme, although I've never enjoyed the movie itself or Tim Burton's take on the character.
    Elfman's Spider-Man score also has its moments.
    And getting right up to date... the Wonder Woman movie score is cool and the Avengers theme by Alan Silvestri is memorable.

As for scores from animated super hero movies and series... that would be another list entirely.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Hands down Superman the movie theme! Might be my favourite theme in movie history.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

I've accepted Fly as a secondary theme for Superman.
        #4-17 "Lucy"Clark and Lois declare each other friends.___________________________________'Smallville' is based on the DC Comics character Superman created by...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Williams and Superman, no contest. I remember watching ABC's airing of Superman and staying up to watch the credits so I could fly my Mego Superman around to the music.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Superman, absolutely. That film made me a Superman fan.

But I enjoy Batman '89, new WW, and I liked the Shadow soundtrack a lot.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 20, '19, 2:50 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

William's Superman theme for me, too. Although, I should add that I had almost 5 years of Mego play where either "the Adventures of Superman" theme or "Superfriends" theme was in my head as music to my character's story
              It's all good!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

True, Ian. I forgot to note that, in terms of leitmotif, the soundtracks for Superfriends, Batman '66, Batman:TAS, and TV's WW & Shazam pop into my head when I think of those heroes and villains. Those aren't film-inspired but are powerful associations to me.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Williams’ Superman hands down...and it’s not even close.

Elfman’s Batman is a solid second.

Agreeing with Mr Bruce Banner...I love the movie’s Wonder Woman theme as well, yes, so cool.

Avengers and X-Men, not too shabby either.
                  sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Superman by Williams . . . #1 by a country mile.
                    Captain America by Silvestri
                    The Avengers by Silvestri
                    off the board with Unbreakable by Howard
                    Batman by Elfman, to round out the Top 5

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                      The Man of Many Voices
                      • Aug 30, 2005

Here are my favorites:

SUPERMAN: The Movie by John Williams, SUPERMAN II by Ken Thorne Secondary for Superman, Flight in Man of Steel
                      BATMAN: The Movie and some of BATMAN RETURNS by Danny Elfman
                      SPIDER MAN The Movie and SPIDER MAN II by Danny Elfman
                      THE INCREDIBLE HULK: The 2008 movie.
                      FANTASTIC FOUR 2005 by John Ottman
                      WONDER WOMAN Rupert Gregson Williams
                      AQUAMAN Rupert Gregson Williams
                      CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER Alan Silvestri
                      AVENGERS by Alan Silvestri
                      JUSTICE LEAGUE by Danny Elfman
                      IRON MAN 2008
                      THOR 2011
                      I couldn't remember the composers to Iron Man and Thor. I can't wait for the Shazam music score to come out!!!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

John Williams Superman score is a big reason why that movie is my all-time favorite superhero movie of all time.

I remember the music in The Incredibles really making that movie soar too.

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

I think it's probably impossible for a superhero fan to not love the Williams Superman score. It screams Superman.

I agree with YoungOnce about The Incredibles. So fun and unique, just like the film. Perfect.

Call me crazy, but I'm actually not a fan of any of the Elfman superhero scores. The Batman stuff was okay, but a bit muddy and generic to me, and I really didn't enjoy his Spider-Man stuff. The instrumentation was too conventional and not nearly joyful enough for me. To me, Spider-Man's a teenaged reaction to the typical superhero, I associate him with 60s rock. That's why I love the use the rock/pop sounds in the score and soundtrack of both the Homecoming and Spider-Vese movies.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brazoo

Call me crazy, but I'm actually not a fan of any of the Elfman superhero scores. The Batman stuff was okay, but a bit muddy and generic to me, and I really didn't enjoy his Spider-Man stuff. The instrumentation was too conventional and not nearly joyful enough for me. To me, Spider-Man's a teenaged reaction to the typical superhero, I associate him with 60s rock. That's why I love the use the rock/pop sounds in the score and soundtrack of both the Homecoming and Spider-Vese movies.
                            Elfman's Spider-Man score never worked for me either, it's kind of a near miss with no establishing theme like Batman (which I actually think works really well).

Of course, I associate Spider-Man with jazz and I'm not sure I'll ever break from that.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                              The Man of Many Voices
                              • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by Brazoo
                              I think it's probably impossible for a superhero fan to not love the Williams Superman score. It screams Superman.

I agree with YoungOnce about The Incredibles. So fun and unique, just like the film. Perfect.

I agree to disagree. I loved Danny Elfman's Batman and Spider Man and Justice League scores. The only Super Hero score that I felt Elfman fell flat on was the Hulk 2003. I was actually disappointed with it. Hulk sounded like music from an Asian martial arts movie. Maybe Elfman was requested this style of music by Ang Lee. Hulk 2003 ranks up there with Elliot Goldenthal's music scores from the Joel Schumacher Batman movies.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎