X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Frankenstein Variant

I just noticed a Frankenstein Glow in the Dark Variant. One with handcuffs on which I have and one with handcuffs off but packaged separately. I only noticed when I saw a picture without the handcuffs and looked at my Frankie and he has handcuffs on. I looked on EBAY and sure enough both are being sold, but not sure which is which. I am assuming since I preordered my figures and seem to have the Invisible Man without glasses that I received the earlier versions of the Monster series.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I don't think that's correct. This is the picture a lot of auctions are using, which is a stock promotional picture. I think only one auction has had a real Glow Frankenstein not wearing the shackles. It was on a Werewolf card and sold earlier today.

More details to be discussed later...
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 19, '19, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

That is a bit strange since the shackles are in the same place but is missing the MEGO gold sticker.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

It's stranger than that.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I know. This one makes no sense. The buyer at least isn’t out a ton of money. I see a Sulu on a Brady Bunch card on EBAY and can’t help but wonder if it is a reglue
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Adam West
            I know. This one makes no sense. The buyer at least isn’t out a ton of money. I see a Sulu on a Brady Bunch card on EBAY and can’t help but wonder if it is a reglue
            I have one of the mistake Sulu/Alice card figures. They are indeed legit. I got it for way less than the one being sold now. The buyer of that Frankenstein is a very lucky guy! It's awesome! More details later...

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Both those Franks show him with GID regular hands. All ( on card) pics I am seeing on FB he is wearing the wrist cuffs and has GID monster hands.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

He indeed has normal style hands, and the inner tray is also not a standard release tray. It's a very unique figure that sold on ebay. The new owner is going to have a very special collection.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Unfortunately, the Frankie on the 'Face of the Screaming Werewolf' card was damaged, and is no longer carded. The new owner is very saddened... But, it's still not a production figure, and the inner tray is also unique, and not a production piece.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I contacted the seller today, and asked where they got the figure. I'll bring the details here when they respond.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Here's the auction where he sold.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I noticed the Frankenstein figure from the werewolf package doesn't have his mouth painted with any detail, where the production figure has a black line painted between the lips. So, there is another difference that makes this a very unique figure.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎