X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by MRP
    SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

My (not so) secret hope is that all the mucking with time leads to an Avengers movie where Kang or Immortus shows up because of it and Kang becomes the central villain/motif of that particular phase of Marvel movies.

-M
    A friend asked me who the next Avengers villain would be. Kang would certainly be a great pick.

However, I don't know if there will be another "Avengers" movie. There will be ensemble marvel movies, but probably not "Avengers"

As someone noted earlier in this thread, Young Avengers is a definite possibility. Justice League and Avengers comics existed as a place build excitement, and to showcase B and C listers so they can become more marketable. As a result you get hype for the brand, and get titles that weren't previously possible.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Brue
      A friend asked me who the next Avengers villain would be. Kang would certainly be a great pick.

However, I don't know if there will be another "Avengers" movie. There will be ensemble marvel movies, but probably not "Avengers"

As someone noted earlier in this thread, Young Avengers is a definite possibility. Justice League and Avengers comics existed as a place build excitement, and to showcase B and C listers so they can become more marketable. As a result you get hype for the brand, and get titles that weren't previously possible.
      Using their own marketing precedent from the comic side, I think we might see a "New Avengers: The Old Order Changeth" movie a few years down the line, featuring the likes of Sam, Carol, Rhodey, Wanda, Hulk, Ant Man and Wasp, Clint, possibly Strange , Spidey and maybe even Wolverine now that they have the rights as Spidey/Wolvie being Avengers were the big draw of New Avengers.

The Marvel Studio brand has proven enough to get people to the the theatre allowing even lesser known concepts like Guardians and Ant Man to succeed, and I think the name Avengers is becoming big enough of a brand to succeed without the marquee three characters, its a brand where lots of heroes show up in an epic confrontation, and that's what they might try to sell with the heroes they are still featuring, they will be the tentpole films within the MU that they build the phases around.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I think the Avengers franchise will continue too, just not for several years. The Avengers as a concept will exist in these films, though. I think Renner is done after his Disney + series, which is supposed to introduce the new Hawkeye, Kate Bishop. But other than that, the others are apparently all under contract for more films.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a cameo by Kang acknowledging all the time shenanigans, but honestly, it would have probably been too much like Thanos' original appearance in the first Avengers film.

Don't forget, Doctor Doom is now on the table, as is Magneto. So the potential for massive villainy has increased. And of course there's always...Galactus!!!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

they could also build a good ensemble film doing the Maximum carnage storyline. although Carnage might be too violent a character for them to use

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

My point is that no movie will be title "Avengers: ....." Yes there will be avengers members together in films. There will be other ensemble movies. Maybe even "Young Avengers" But Avengers as you know it is done.

Galactus as the villain. Too fantastic 4.

Carnarge as the villain in an Avengers-esque movie. Nope.

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

Again, spoilers ahead, so....

Just saw Endgame today. Wow, what a ride.

And by ride, I mean the last ten years or so... I was always a DC guy growing up, reading and collecting comics. Chris Reeves Superman will always be my all time favorite superhero movie, but what Marvel has done with this franchise with so many heroes and crossovers will probably not be duplicated ever again. And the culmination of Infinity War and Endgame is about as satisfying a conclusion to an arc as anyone could hope for. If you love comic book movies, I don’t know how you couldn’t enjoy this, and like I said, I’m no Marvel fanboy.

First off, (and this is a big spoiler, so you’ve been warned) the Tony Stark arc was satisfying and earned. His story started it all and so in a way, it felt like this whole franchise was his story. I thought the stakes for Tony were smartly raised by showing him finally, after all the devastation caused by the finger snap, finding stability and peace with his new family. He finally had a kind of happiness and had to leave it behind. That made the final act all the more meaningful. I found that a poignant arc that raised this above the typical superhero fare, not that there’s been anything wrong with that. But that elevated this for me.

That said, of course it’s not a perfect movie. I feel like all of the heroes who had disappeared because of the finger snap got a bit of a short shrift and didn’t get much of a chance to shine, only putting in cameos basically, but, I guess because of the needs of the story, that couldn’t be helped much. There were some cool interactions at the final battle, but if you came in a Spider-Man fan or Black Panther or Doctor Strange... you waited a long time for not a lot of payoff. But like I said, that probably couldn’t have been helped much. On the flip side, Ant Man, Hawkeye and Black Widow got great stories.

I did miss primal Hulk too... he was neutered greatly and never got to shine. I also found the women empowerment scene very convenient. I’m not opposed to that message at all and I love the female heroes including Captain Marvel, but it just seemed like it was bending over backwards to make what point? The Marvel universe has had great female heroes all along and I think everyone loves them already. That said, it didn’t tick me off; it just felt shoehorned in.

Cap’s send-off was great too. His story with Peggy was always tragic and it was good to see him get some happiness finally. I don’t know that I get how the timeline was effected but I don’t get caught up/distraught in time-travel quandaries so it worked for me.

All in all, an amazing and satisfying loooooooooooooooong arc for these heroes. There were a few stories along the way that fell flat, but over all, it was brought to the finish line in an incredible and epic fashion.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers

Russo's to Chinese Media during the junket.

Q: Peggy Carter was probably already married and in her mid-40s in 1970, in that case, what year was it that Captain America went back to dance with her?

A: We can’t answer it, for now, this is a story that happened in an alternate reality. Maybe it will be revealed in the future.

Q: Did Captain America’s action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, Captain America’s action in the end wasn’t the fact he wanted to change anything; it’s more like he has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don’t know how exactly his life turned out, but I’d like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it’s just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

Q: [Endgame’s] plot, is it a parallel universe or a closed time loop?

A: Nope, not a time loop. Both Ancient One and Hulk were right. You can’t change the future by simply going back to past. But it’s possible to create a different alternate future. It’s not butterfly effect. Every decision you made in the past could potentially create a new timeline. For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.
                This is what I thought went on as the other theories I've read have made no sense. Cap cannot live his prime life and also be with Peggy without creating another timeline.

So....here's what I see coming.

Cap creates alternate timeline. In that timeline, he still stops Red Skull/Nazis etc...But he we know he doesn't stop communism as it's a cold war.

From the cold war, we get the space race (which will create the FF), and nuclear research (creating the X-Men).

That alt-reality and the prime MCU will merge for Secret Wars, most likely through Shaper of Worlds who ties into Beyonder, Cosmic Cubes, Skrulls, Hulk etc... GOTG3 or Strange 2 could lay that track. It even connects to the Eternals via Skrulls.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Captain Marvel ruined the Skrulls, so I'd like to never see them in a movie again.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Spoilers
                    Spoilers
                    Spoilers
                    Spoilers
                    Spoilers
                    Spoilers
                    Spoilers
                    Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if Steve started a new timeline by going back, everything bad that ever happens in that new universe is essentially his fault. Traveling back in time to benefit only himself, for personal happiness. Seems someone so selfish wouldn't be able to wield Mjolnir...

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Captain Marvel ruined the Skrulls, so I'd like to never see them in a movie again.
                      I actually really liked the juxtaposition of the Kree/Skrulls in the film. In any war every side thinks their right and just. This time, based on our own set of values, the obvious antagonist and "bad guys" are the Kree. I rather liked the fact they twisted the formula up a bit and I thought they did a good job of masking their true intentions till the third act. I can't condone Larson's acting chops but overall I enjoyed the film a lot.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Captain Marvel and Avengers Spoliers

Spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerssp oilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoi lersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoile rsspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        Yeah. They skipped past the Skrulls as bad guys REALLY fast.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

The Russos apparently said in an interview in EW (I haven't read it, just heard about it on Screen Crush) that Cap did indeed live in an alternate timeline with Peggy. And MAYBE he rescued Bucky, stopped Hydra, etc. before the events in his prime timeline. I can buy Cap doing that better than him just completley laying low for over half a century. Apparently he uses the Pym particles to navigate the multiverse back to the moment he left, and is sitting on that bench to give the shield to Sam.

Works for me.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Looks like I am not the only one thinking Kang is coming... https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...92YT1ZLT_rvbr8

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Kang...that would work. Iron Lad as a reboot of Iron Man is easy money.

Only think I keep rethinking, is the importance Marvel is going to place on X-Men in that phase is going to be yuge. So do they go the "Namor is a mutant" route as a way to distinguish him from Aquaman?

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I hope it's Dr. Doom.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎