Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

I finally have the body of a Norse GOD!!!!!!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
      The Man of Many Voices
      • Aug 30, 2005

I don't follow Marvel as well as I do DC, but I will say that Avengers Endgame to me was a satisfactory ending. Since this is a spoilers thread, I'm going to tread lightly by asking a couple of rhetorical questions. Now that Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. have given their final performances, dare I assume that for Captain America, if the Steve Rogers story is rebooted, then a new actor will play the part, or the Falcon will become Captain America? And if Iron Man is rebooted, that a new actor will play Tony Stark or there will be no more Iron Man movies? I ask these questions because in the DC Universe, we have seen Superman and Batman rebooted more than once each. Same thing with Spider Man as we have seen 2 different reboots. It's too bad the Fantastic Four are tied up with Fox. I would have loved to have seen them in the MCU movies, provided its the first 2 movie versions and not that horrible 2015 reboot. Finally, I love the Incredible Hulk, but I am used to the TV series, so seeing this version was strange. Anyway, if I ever bring myself to watch Infinity War again, at least I'll have Endgame to follow it up with.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
        It's too bad the Fantastic Four are tied up with Fox.
        They'll appear in the MCU sooner or later now that the Disney/Fox acquisition has happened.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

I saw the kid at the funeral. had no idea who he was. my daughter had to google it and I still don't know who he is. haven't watched IM3 since it came out because that movie sucked. but now I guess I will have to watch it again because I suspect he might show up in phase 5.

so did Steve bring the hammer back to it's original timeline too? I guess he must have since he took it with him when he went to return the stones.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, Steve took the Hammer back to Asgard during the time of Thor: The Dark World. I too thought of the inevitable meeting of Cap and the Red Skull when he returned the soul stone. They could make a separate movie showing Cap's different missions to return the stones, but I know they won't.

It wouldn't surprise me that if at some point, they lure Evans back, and we see that Steve wasn't entirely inactive in his "retirement" in the past. A Cap and Peggy movie set in the 50s would be boss. But I'm also excited to see where this Falcon and the Winter Soldier Disney + streaming show goes, now that Sam has the shield and Steve's (and Bucky's) blessing to BE Captain America. Is it going to be a Captain America and Winter Soldier series, and Disney just couldn't tell us yet, or will it take Sam a bit to accept his new role, and we see him as Cap at the end of the mini-series? Can't wait to find out!

Oh, and I guess we know the Black Widow film is indeed set in the past. How is the WandaVision series going to work? In the past, with them getting together while Wanda was on the run pre-Infinity War? Or does the Vision somehow return?

So much to think about, which is great. But the wrap up was SOOOO satisfying as well. Best of both worlds.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Anyone notice Jim Starlin's appearance as part of Cap's therapy group?

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by MRP
                Anyone notice Jim Starlin's appearance as part of Cap's therapy group?

Yup...wasn't too surprised that there were only a few people, besides myself, that made a 'chirp' when he appeared on screen...once I saw him & Joe Russo, it made me focus on the other folks in that circle to see if I could recognize them (which I did not) :(

Now that I had a Day to let this sink in and a few exchanges with my son going over what we both saw...I have a few more recollections/points of interest...

When it was mentioned that Thanos was at the 'Garden'...I immediately thought they we going to try & introduce the Elder called 'The Gardner', who originally had the 'Time Gem/Stone'...but I guess they played it more as a nod then an actual Easter Egg.

Also...when the last fight scene erupts with everyone pouring out of different portals, there is a brief moment that I thought I saw or heard Janet Van Dyne's (Michelle Pfeiffer) fight side-by-side with the Wasp (
                Evangeline Lilly)...which made me wonder if there were more cameos that slipped into that giant scene like the 'Original' GOTG or Goliath?

Granted...I've only scene it once so far, but it is something I'll be focusing on the next go around.
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

that's a good point. there was soooo much going on in the scene it was hard to spot everything

I went back and rewatched Iron man 3 today for the first time since it came out. it's not as bad as I remember. still not great but not as horrible. I guess time has softened my opinion of it, LOL

Comment

• jimbutsu
                    Memory *is* RAM!
                    • Apr 11, 2002

Can you guys believe "Rosebud" was the name of thanos' sled?
                    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

3,000x better than Aquaman!

-Chris

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I see what you did there

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^I didn't, because my family wanted to go, and we were told there was no end anything. I will stay for viewing number 2, which may be tonight.

I know this is the SPOILERS thread, but just in case...

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
                          SPOILERS!!!

I called Cap's happy ending at least as far back as Infinity War. It's on record on Fire and Water's Infinity War review podcast episode. And I don't say that to sound all superior or something, but I was so happy that my favorite hero got such a great send-off. PERFECT. Evans' Cap is to me, and many fans, the modern equivalent of Christopher Reeve's Superman. But poor Reeve's films just kept getting worse, and we never got the send-off that actor in that role deserved. Evans definitely got his here.

And when he caught Mljonir? The crowd went NUTS...and I think I was the loudest! Also...he got to say IT.

I loved the rest of the movie as well, but as a guy firmly on Team Cap for life, well, this was just pretty much perfect in that respect!

Chris
                          SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

I too went nuts when he caught Thor's hammer.

I thought his final scene was extremely similar to the final scene of Quantum Leap.

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                            I think it was a very subtle way of saying, this journey started & ended with that moment. JMO
                            I agree.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                              [COLOR=#333333]SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

Anyone pick-up on the whole 'Earthquake Underwater' comment that Okoye mentioned to Black Widow...were they implying Sub-Mariner?
                              I did not know why it was mentioned or why she said you can't do anything about it.

Namor would explain this odd exchange.

Thoughts: If Captain America goes back to place each of the Stones in their proper 'Time'...what do you think happened when he brought back the 'Soul' Gem? Meeting the 'Red Skull' would have been an interesting interaction...and...does bringing back the 'Soul' Gem bring back Black Widow...or is it after the fact?
                              Interesting questions. -meeting the Red Skull is one thing. It would be cool to see. My guess is that Skull is no longer an enemy, but relinquished to his role and there is no fight. the snap only brings back those lost, but returning the soul -wouldn't he get a soul? maybe she comes back?

.it definitely seems like they want to go down the 'Young Avengers' Route with Cassie Lang (Stinger) & Katherine Bishop (Hawkeye).
                              I thought the same

Did anyone catch Harley Keener ('The Kid') from Iron Man 3 at the Funeral? I was wondering if they intend to use him as a 'Young Avenger' too...as well as Morgan Stark?
                              I saw him. well I saw a kid I didn't know, but noe that you say it, I realize you are right. IM3 was the worst of the MCU. But, yeah they will need a new IM for Young Avengers.

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Brue
                                I did not know why it was mentioned or why she said you can't do anything about it.

Namor would explain this odd exchange.
                                Personally, I don't think it's Namor, I think it's the undersea Deviants kingdom setting up the Eternals movie in the works.

Have the rights to Namor (which were at Universal not Fox) lapsed yet and come back to Marvel/Disney?

-M
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎