X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by LordMudd
    Well, she is fully adjustable and comes (sic) with multiple settings and rechargeable batteries.

CCC.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      that would be epic Hector!
      It has the potential to be the greatest on screen matchup ever...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by LordMudd
        and Cap killed in First Avenger-because he was a soldier and it was war. Now it is not war and killing is not sanctioned. I think that there is a moral difference that I don't care getting into the semantics of trying to explain that even Thor is subject to. It is whether or not you kill when you are not supposed to.

CCC.
        True.

But I have never been a fan of Thor continually threatening his brother (step-brother) of mortally killing him. Sure, Loki has done awful things, evil things. But you don’t threaten to kill your siblings. Thor should say, “Loki, if you ever do this again, I’m going to imprison you forever, not kill you”

sigpic

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

JSPOILER!!!

I just went back and watched it with my son tonight. I noticed when cap went back to replace the stones he wad Thors hammer, and not his shield which was destroyed in the battle with Thanos, but when he is sitting on the bench he has the pristine shield, and No HAMMER....***?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^He took the Hammer back to the time of Thor: The Dark World along with the Ether/stone.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
              JSPOILER!!!

I just went back and watched it with my son tonight. I noticed when cap went back to replace the stones he wad Thors hammer, and not his shield which was destroyed in the battle with Thanos, but when he is sitting on the bench he has the pristine shield, and No HAMMER....***?
              Also, if you pay close attention to the shield Steve gives to Sam, you’ll notice that, whereas by and large, it is the same shield, it is ALSO a DIFFERENT shield due to the design differences in the white star at the center.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

It's the original shield. He's carrying it in the WW2 duffle.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^The shield Steve hands to Sam has more pronounced lines in the center of the star, and also has a few little detail lines added to the silver/white ring around it. It has to be a new shield either way, because in the prime timeline, it was destroyed by Thanos, and in the timeline Steve creates when he goes back to Peggy...well, he's either in the ice or using it as a revived Captain America!!!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

^Or he stops being Cap and stuffs it away.

The writers and the Russo's have given conflicting info as to what exactly happened. The writers said he's in the prime as Peggy's husband in Winter Soldier. Russo's said he branched reality and somehow came back to the Prime. I think the Russo's got it right and Steve becomes the Nick Fury of that reality.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
                      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

On second viewing, the moment between Hawkeye and Witch lamenting the loss of Widow and Vision...the two characters whose lives were sacrificed on behest of the soul stone. She says "they know" we won, which on the surface is an angels in heaven line. It's a real Wrath of Khan moment.

Except, Gamora came back to life via a transfer in time, and we know two versions of the same person can exist in the same moment thanks to Nebula. We also know Cap was supposed to return all the stones, including the soul stone.

The thing is, the soul stone doesn't have a linear moment in time on Vormir. If it did, Hawkeye/Widow could have stolen it. The stone only manifests after the sacrificed person's soul swaps out. So how does Cap return a stone that doesn't have a moment in time it was stolen/borrowed from? If he went back to that moment and could return it, Widow would be alive.

As the end shows, Cap went back to the forties, which has no connection to the branch-trimming.

It has to mean Cap went back to the 40's as it's the linear moment for the stone as Tesseract. He kills Skull so he and it won't travel to Vormir. This creates a split that stops Cap from being frozen and leaves him to live out his life with Peggy. The stone allows him to do it in natural progression and age with her. When she passes, he then returns to the lake and gives Sam the original shield.

So Cap created a split where Widow is alive as a Russian agent. It's his branch. No Hydra, No Cap. One where he lives a normal life. That branch probably leads to the FF and X-Men.

Don't know if you're right, but it is an interesting and possible explanation.

Comment

• bleit1701
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 1, 2009

I seen Endgame again and I picked up on something this time around.
                        When Cap is getting ready to return the stones he says his goodbye to Bucky. Bucky says he's going to miss him. Cap is only supposed to be gone for a few seconds so why would Buck say that unless Cap had discussed what he was going to do with Bucky. Bucky wasn't expecting to see Cap again.
                        Better late than never.....

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                          JSPOILER!!!

I assumed when he put the stone back Rocket and Thor took he put the hammer back as well, since they were taken at the same time.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by bleit1701
                            I seen Endgame again and I picked up on something this time around.
                            When Cap is getting ready to return the stones he says his goodbye to Bucky. Bucky says he's going to miss him. Cap is only supposed to be gone for a few seconds so why would Buck say that unless Cap had discussed what he was going to do with Bucky. Bucky wasn't expecting to see Cap again.
                            Yeah, he definitely told Bucky what he was planning to do.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎