X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Thoughts and Reviews; The SPOILER Edition

Now THIS is the thread to visit and post in if you've seen ENDGAME and REALLY feel like spoiling it for everyone else. LOL. Just kidding. If you're going to post stuff here, spoilers are OK, but maybe try to give folks a heads up as to what you may or may not be spoiling.

MIB41 and I will be seeing ENDGAME opening night, the 26th, at 7:00, but I'm determined not to post anything that would spoil the film for other folks who haven't seen it yet.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

...so did anyone stay till the very end? Did you catch what was going on when the screen went blank? (No this is not a Joke)
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by WannabeMego
      ...so did anyone stay till the very end? Did you catch what was going on when the screen went blank? (No this is not a Joke)
      Yup I did.... audio only
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I didn't, because my family wanted to go, and we were told there was no end anything. I will stay for viewing number 2, which may be tonight.

I know this is the SPOILERS thread, but just in case...

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
        SPOILERS!!!

I called Cap's happy ending at least as far back as Infinity War. It's on record on Fire and Water's Infinity War review podcast episode. And I don't say that to sound all superior or something, but I was so happy that my favorite hero got such a great send-off. PERFECT. Evans' Cap is to me, and many fans, the modern equivalent of Christopher Reeve's Superman. But poor Reeve's films just kept getting worse, and we never got the send-off that actor in that role deserved. Evans definitely got his here.

And when he caught Mljonir? The crowd went NUTS...and I think I was the loudest! Also...he got to say IT.

I loved the rest of the movie as well, but as a guy firmly on Team Cap for life, well, this was just pretty much perfect in that respect!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

Not much I could change to make it better. Lots of nerdgasm moments: Cap fighting Cap; Cap saying "Hail Hydra"; a thinking, walking, talking Hulk, and on and on...

The fact that we owe the saving of the world to a rat, though, kinda makes me go, "Whaaaaaa?" What would have been better imo is if Stan Lee was some kind of scavenger and came upon the van and accidentally brought Antman back.

Another, better of use of Stan Lee would have been if he had appeared as the "old" Antman when they were doing the time travel test runs.

But other than a couple minor things and the fact that the first hour dragging somewhat, how can I really complain because everything ended so well. Like it was wrapped up and tied with a pretty bow.

Peace, Love, and Endgame!

Austin
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Please no spoiley details, they show up in our feed and SOME OF US HAVE'NT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!! AGGHHHHHH!
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

^ I'd almost recommend locking this thread for a week for that very reason. I was very pleased to see the NON spoiler thread thriving all alone. I think we should wait.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

going forward all posts must please include this:

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSP OILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOI LERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILE RSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

so as other have said, the movie is epic in every way. I love how they brought back almost every character in some way or other, even if just as a cameo.

what did the hammering post credits signify? new ironman armor being made?

the one thing that kind of annoyed me, was the blatant PC women empowerment scene. I mean come on, on this massive battle field, every female here happens to be in that one tiny spot? gimme a break. I groaned aloud at that scene

otherwise loved it. great send off for those leaving the MCU behind. lot's of great humor throughout, which was really needed because otherwise it's really a dark, depressing movie through most of it

Comment

• WannabeMego
                    Made in the USA
                    • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff

what did the hammering post credits signify? new ironman armor being made?
                    I think it was a very subtle way of saying, this journey started & ended with that moment. JMO

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Sorry, this is the first I ever heard of the contents of a spoiler message somehow showing up.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

A fantastic ending to an amazing saga. I do agree the first hour was a bit slow and probably could have been cut down. I feel like they added some stuff to that hour for the 7 people who haven't seen any of the other films. Once it got going though, it was awesome. I was that guy that geeked out as they re-introduced each character. To see almost everyone on screen was soooo cool. It made me wish the Disney-Fox merger had happened 2 years ago. We might have had the FF or a few X-Men even show up. And yeah, when Cap picked up Mjolnir... total nerdgasm!!

After 20 years, I still take a moment to remind myself how incredible it is that not only do we have these Marvel movies but they are really, really good movies. In this one, it was the moment Cap called "Avengers, Assemble." I have never been more nerd aware.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                          Made in the USA
                          • May 2, 2003

Anyone pick-up on the whole 'Earthquake Underwater' comment that
                          Okoye mentioned to Black Widow...were they implying Sub-Mariner?

...also...

I almost jumped out of My Seat when I saw Actor Hiroyuki Sanada (as Akihiko) battling Ronin in Japan cause I 'thought' they were attempting to build a bridge to the X-Men Universe because he was also in 'The Wolverine'...but it appears to be two different characters :(

Thoughts: If Captain America goes back to place each of the Stones in their proper 'Time'...what do you think happened when he brought back the 'Soul' Gem? Meeting the 'Red Skull' would have been an interesting interaction...and...does bringing back the 'Soul' Gem bring back Black Widow...or is it after the fact?

Cap also grabbed 4 Vials of 'Pym Particles' when he only needed 1 to get back from the Hank Pym Time-Jump...I wonder what was implied there? ...or if it was to explain the 'Peggy' Time-Jump?

Based on what was playing out on screen...it definitely seems like they want to go down the 'Young Avengers' Route with Cassie Lang (Stinger) & Katherine Bishop (Hawkeye).

Did anyone catch Harley Keener ('The Kid') from Iron Man 3 at the Funeral? I was wondering if they intend to use him as a 'Young Avenger' too...as well as Morgan Stark?

Need to watch it again...and again

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS POILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSP OILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPO ILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOI LERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOIL ERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILE RSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS POILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSP OILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPO ILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOI LERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOIL ERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILE RSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS POILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSP OILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS

Yeah, this film is just chock FULL of genuine, Marvelite geekgasm moments for me, too! Cap wielding Mjolnir had me applauding and when he FINALLY got to shout “Avengers...Assemble!” well, I just had to stand up and fist pump (much to the chagrin of the folks around me, I’m sure)!! Watching all of the heroes return and the army of assembled forces rise against Thanos and his forces—-well, let’s just say I don’t see how it can get any better than that for a comic fan!

And I’m not ashamed to say the film moved me to tears on several occasions. Watching Clint’s family get dusted, the uncertainty of Tony living or dying in the seat of the Benatar, the timely arrival of Captain Marvel, Rocket and Nebula holding hands, the first death of Thanos (yeah, he was the villain, but to himself, he thought he was doing the Universe a service), Tony meeting his father and Steve seeing Peggy...man, I could go on and on.

Overall, in my top five MARVEL STUDIOS films and one of my top ten films of all time.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

It seems this film tied things together--and up--very well. That's respectful to fans and that interwoven quality has been quintessentially "Marvel" since Lee & Kirby. I'm not much of a Marvelite, but I respect that.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎