Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

wow. the last 45 minutes...holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That was without a doubt, the most I have ever felt connected with a cinema crowd. I have never heard so much clapping or cheering, and I don't mean that in a bad way. We were ALL on the same page. And honestly in a few parts, I was probably the loudest, because I had many fanboy dreams manifest on the screen.

There are some niggly things to ponder how they really work...but if you can accept a talking racoon with a machine gun and a sentient cloak...why worry about such things?

The best possible conclusion to the entire MCU saga thus far. They more than stuck that landing.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
        ... I have never seen anything so Epic with a capital "E"....
        Can't believe we are living in these times when this stuff is popular.
        Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        That was without a doubt, the most I have ever felt connected with a cinema crowd. I have never heard so much clapping or cheering....
        The best possible conclusion to the entire MCU saga thus far. They more than stuck that landing.
        Chris
        I haven't seen it yet, but I *love* reading these analyses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Tom (MIB41) and I went to the 7:00 P.M. Friday night showing and it was packed to capacity and, as I’m hearing from various other folks, everyone in our theater was on the same (comics) page. THIS movie really defines the EPIC in a whole new way and I’ve got a feeling it will be a long while before even MARVEL STUDIOS themselves can find a way to top this. It made us laugh, clap, cry and shout along with everyone around us. By all means, see this movie as soon as you can so you can truly experience it firsthand.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• WannabeMego
            Made in the USA
            • May 2, 2003

IMHO...I don't think we will see something of this scale, with this impact, for a very long time...this was truly an event.

Tears, Cheering, Applause...more Tears, more Cheering, more Applause.

I think I can safely say that if you have kept away from any kind of spoilers or theories, you will be definitely surprised. It looked & felt like a comic book story unraveling before my eyes (if that makes any sense)...it hit all the right points & checked-off all the right boxes...for me.

Did I have issues with some (very minor) parts...sure...but that is just My POV dealing with My OCD.

There are sooo many Easter Eggs, it's almost impossible to catch them all in one viewing, but it also doesn't make you feel like you missed something.

Will definitely see this multiple times, in different formats, at matinee prices (so I can afford to do that).

Also, when it was over, I wanted to re-watch ALL the previous Movies (My OCD)...including Iron Man 3 & Thor: The Dark World...and that is saying ALOT!!!

I hope everyone finds something they like in the movie...Make Love, Not War...Excelsior
            Last edited by WannabeMego; Apr 27, '19, 4:27 PM.
            Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Definitely a great movie. There was no way to satisfy me in resolving Infinity War. I think they did the best they could do. And I am okay with how they did it. There were very few slow points. And most of it was a great action movie that encompassed an onslaught of stars and characters.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I finally saw it last night, I found it a bit long to be honest but it was a good ending to an amazing era of films. My daughter and son were both somewhat emotional and it made sense, they've always had these movies, they are childhood to them.

Other than a few spoilers that snuck into my subconscious (one was very subtle but still...) I didn't know what was going to happen and that was enjoyable.

It's bittersweet, I loved this era but I don't have much interest in going forward. I'm not complaining, these people made a tremendous amount of films and I'm happy to have them but on the same token, what's left isn't going to get my butt into a theatre seat. Guardians 3 being the one exclusion, I'll go see that.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by palitoy
                  It's bittersweet, I loved this era but I don't have much interest in going forward. I'm not complaining, these people made a tremendous amount of films and I'm happy to have them but on the same token, what's left isn't going to get my butt into a theatre seat. Guardians 3 being the one exclusion, I'll go see that.
                  That sums up my feelings quite nicely. I got a little fatigued and I still haven't seen the last four Marvel Movies prior to this release. However, I do plan on watching "Infinity War" ahead of taking in a matinee for "End Game" this weekend and I'll probably be content to sit it out from here on out with the exception of "GOG3".

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

it's a bit premature to say you will sit out the rest, as other than Spidey FFH we don't really know what is next. I mean we know there is Dr Strange 2, BP 2, GOTG 3 but we don't know what they will be building with it. they have done an amazing job thus far so I am more than willing to see what the plan is for phase 5

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      it's a bit premature to say you will sit out the rest, as other than Spidey FFH we don't really know what is next. I mean we know there is Dr Strange 2, BP 2, GOTG 3 but we don't know what they will be building with it. they have done an amazing job thus far so I am more than willing to see what the plan is for phase 5
                      Hate to bump a thread, but as far as premature to say what I said....I still haven't seen a Marvel Movie since "Thor: Ragnarok". And I missed "Spiderman: Homecoming" in the middle of all of that. I didn't bother to watch any of the last several Marvel movies, even on TV.....so a year later, the fatigue remains.

It was reasonable to pooh-pooh what I said, but I don't think you realize how serious I was when I said I was fatigued.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I occasionally just rewatch the Endgame battle. Easily one of the biggest fist-pumping moments in movie history, and VERY well deserved.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I occasionally just rewatch the Endgame battle. Easily one of the biggest fist-pumping moments in movie history, and VERY well deserved.

Chris
                          I would agree there! Ragnarok is by far one of my favorites along with GOTG.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Makernaut

It was reasonable to pooh-pooh what I said, but I don't think you realize how serious I was when I said I was fatigued.
                            As fatigued as I am I did go see the Spider-Man movie when it came out, it was a "Date night" kind of thing. The experience wasn't good, kids next to me texting and talking the whole movie (until I yelled at them) and well, I found the movie good, not great. They're all home theatre experiences from now on.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^You guys are turning into grumpy old men.

Seriously, ALL of these movies may be home theatre experiences from now on...for EVERYONE.

These movies will continue to be events for us. I don't see burnout or fatigue ever kicking in with me, personally. Now, the CW TV series...I haven't watched an episode since Crisis. They kind of wrote their own exit, in a lot of ways. I'm sure I'll catch up at some point, but I am kind of burned out with them, although I'm looking forward to Stargirl.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

well said Chris. I agree on every point you just said

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎