X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

Black Summer

I love that show on Netflix! Those are some wicked zombies! I certainly hope that it gets renewed for season 2! Judging by how popular it has been in the ratings (according to articles), it should be. I read that Stephen King is a huge fan of the show. As bizarre as he is, that should come as no surprise!
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Just finished it off yesterday, I found it quite entertaining. Those zombies are crazy, no way the human race would survive if they moved like that! I've heard that the show is supposed to be some sort of prequel to Z Nation (which I enjoyed far more than the depressing, dirge like Walking Dead) but I'm a bit confused about that, as the tone, zombie behavior, etc. for Black Summer is completely different than the more lighthearted Z Nation, which never took itself seriously (one reason why I liked the show).

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I binge watched this today. I enjoyed it but thought there was really very little plot, and absolutely no character development. the humans are probably the dumbest people in existence, I mean how long before you realize it takes a head shot to kill them???

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, that was annoying, you think they would have realized that the head was the vulnerable spot earlier than they did. Of course, I'd imagine that a person without military or police training would have a very difficult time aiming properly while they are running from zombies. So, maybe they were trying for head shots and failing miserably.

Comment

• neogelion
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 11, 2009

I think that they are establishing that this zombie type doesn't go down with just a simple shot to the head.
          Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

the ones that took a head shot all went down right away.

the other thing that annoyed me was the chapter headings every few minutes. that got old in a hurry

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I’m so zombied out. Maybe down the road when there’s nothing else to watch.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎