X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
    While selection of characters may have been a factor, keep in mind the reports over the years of the pack-outs for wave three. According to what I've read, some of the third waves cases were packed full of older figures with only a handful of the new ones; according to one source, you could get a case with 6 new figures and 18 of one old figure (that was in either Tomart's or Lee's some years ago) . It sounds crazy, but it would explain why there were so many Flash figures left around my area when the line ended (and there were a LOT of them).
    Is that when Kenner released the first series on small cards? When that happened, I can recall them being sold at the grocery store.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by scott metzger
      While selection of characters may have been a factor, keep in mind the reports over the years of the pack-outs for wave three. According to what I've read, some of the third waves cases were packed full of older figures with only a handful of the new ones; according to one source, you could get a case with 6 new figures and 18 of one old figure (that was in either Tomart's or Lee's some years ago) . It sounds crazy, but it would explain why there were so many Flash figures left around my area when the line ended (and there were a LOT of them).
      I had read that the Flash tested really well with kids at Kenner HQ, so they doubled down on him. A weird choice.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. The Hulk figure looks good. Marvel is such an evergreen atm its hard to believe the figures and media linences were in limbo for 5 years. I'm glad we got the figures we got but the figures weren't selling and thats why the line was canceled.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎