X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Dynamite Comics: Charlie's Angels/Bionic Woman crossover

Charlie's Angels & Bionic Woman 1.jpgCharliesBionic-01-01031-C-Lesser_1.jpgCharliesBionic-01-01021-B-Mahfood.jpg
    Charlie gives his Angels an assignment to steal back a patent for its mysterious inventor. The biggest hiccup on the mission is their toughest counterspy yet, literally – Jaime Sommers aka the Bionic Woman. Will the cyborg come out on top against a team of highly trained private investigators or will the tides turn toward a team-up against some greater threat?
    Cameron DeOrdio (Josie & the Pussycats) brings his honed writing abilities and love for both franchises to the table, while artist Soo Lee (Strange Attractors, Fight Like a Girl) draws these women in her one-of-a-kind style. Colorist Addison Duke (Barbarella/Dejah Thoris, Curse Words) and letterer Tom Napolitano (Justice League, Aquaman, Red Sonja) round out the team inside the book. On the outside, a compelling cadre of cover artists include the sensational Cat Staggs (Crosswind, Wonder Woman ’77, Star Trek), indie darling Jim Mahfood (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Tank Girl, Grrl Scouts) and paperback cover and movie poster legend Ron Lesser (The Spider).

Charlie’s Angels/Bionic Woman is a story about good people trying to do good things who end up at cross purposes,” said writer Cameron DeOrdio. “We’ve made a spy comic, with sneaking around, exotic ‘80s tech and tense undercover infiltration, but it’s also about questioning the track you find yourself on and defining for yourself what’s right, even if it means turning your whole life upside down. I’m really excited to have Soo Lee onboard for this book. The way she draws both the Bionic Woman and the Angels perfectly captures their personalities, while also stylistically representing their differing perspectives.”
    Artist Soo Lee had this to say, “When I was asked if I wanted to work on a crossover comic of Charlie’s Angels and theBionic Woman, I had to jump on the opportunity. I’ve always wanted to draw a 70/80’s themed comic and being a fan of the show, to be able to work on this project is a dream. I wanted to be loyal to the style of the era and give a nod to the original series. Cameron and I both clicked on the vision for this story right away and with his fun writing, I think we both brought the Angels back to life!”
    “It’s great to be playing with Charlie’s Angels again, and pitting them against the Bionic Woman is such a natural idea, it was inevitable” said editor Matt Idelson. “And while I was of course familiar with Cameron and Soo’s prior work, they’ve nonetheless been a revelation to me. This book is too much fun!” 44

www.firstcomicsnews.com/
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Now for the news that is floating around, the Angels are the last season version with Tanya Roberts as Julie Rogers.

Below are the character sheets
    Kelly Garrett
    KELLY GARRETT.jpg

Kris Munroe
    KRIS MUNROE.jpg

Julie Rogers
    JULIE ROGERS.jpg

Jamie Sommers
    JAMIE SOMMERS.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Here are some samples of the comic book:
      CharliesAngelsBW-01-04-colors-revised.jpgCharliesAngelsBW-01-08-colors-revised_1.jpgCharliesAngelsBW-01-09-colors-revised_1.jpgCharliesAngelsBW-01-13-colors-revised.jpg
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• MEMEGO
        Career Member
        • Sep 6, 2007

they look nothing like the tv versions. A simple not buy

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

Those drawings look nothing like the actresses.
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎