Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Favorite Playset Was Not A Mego

Images

My Favorite Playset Was Not A Mego

What was your favorite playset when you were a kid?

The Vintage Mego episode on the POTA Forbidden Zone and the post on the System Control Headquarters got me thinking about how much I loved playsets when I was a kid. I was a total Megohead growing up. I thought Megos were so much cooler than any other figure. I also was nuts about the WGSH playsets I had AND my brother's Enterprise. But when I think about it, there was a playset I always coveted- the GI Joe Training Center. My mother's friend's kids had a great collection of GI Joe stuff. As much as I preferred my Megos, I couldn't deny some of the really cool stuff for 12" Joe. The Training Center had so much play potential. Maybe never having it added to its allure, but I'm convinced I could've come up with a million adventures using that 3-ft-high bad boy.

Oh, and BTW... I also really covered those guys' Mobile Support Vehicle. That thing was sooooo cool!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    This is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^

Images
    My favourite playset of all time was the Adventure Team HQ. Hard to beat A-Team Joe’s.

Images
    both are awesome sets. Joe did have the coolest vehicles and playsets

Images
    Yeah, the adventure team sets were the playset equivalent to the Evel Kneivel stunt cycle set. Unlimited fun.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

For me it was the GI Joe Headquarters, which I've managed to hang on to since 1974. That was the absolute epicenter of all GI Joe action, including attacks from the Six Million Dollar Man Bigfoot and Action Jackson minions. I never had any Mego playsets as a kid, though I built one for them similar to the GO Joe headquarters.

There were two favorites, but one was a Mego (the lab for the 3-inch monsters).

The other one was the Hoth Imperial play set for Star Wars.

Images
    As much as I love my Mego Batcave...

It's either Super Powers Hall of Justice or Castle Grayskull. I will admit that Grayskull is the more iconic toy. But the SP HoJ is something I never thought I would own. I had no idea Mego had ever made one. And this one LOOKED like it...even if it was yellow, like the comics.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    For me it was the Mego CAH Fortress of Solitude and the Kenner Death Star Space Station.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    The fortress of mystery and power.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...