• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Klosterheim
    7' x 7' play mat sounds awesome!

They should make various science-fiction landscapes like that, today. It would be great to see all the little details they would draw on it.
    Too many companies are incapable of thinking outside the box. After the Green Lantern movie was out, I thought the company that makes the really big rubber bouncy balls in the pvc pipe rack at Walmart (Kmart and TRU too) should have done balls that looked like OA and Mogo. That would have been relative enough to be planet scale for 4" figures. They could have done Krypton, Ego, and other fictional planets as well as out solar system. The latter would not have required any licensing. Seriously, what kid wouldn't want Mogo hanging out over his GL collection, or Krypton for Superman. Simple paint app process, major missed opportunity.

CCC.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

GIJOE RAH Headquarters(1983)

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by LordMudd
        Too many companies are incapable of thinking outside the box. After the Green Lantern movie was out, I thought the company that makes the really big rubber bouncy balls in the pvc pipe rack at Walmart (Kmart and TRU too) should have done balls that looked like OA and Mogo. That would have been relative enough to be planet scale for 4" figures. They could have done Krypton, Ego, and other fictional planets as well as out solar system. The latter would not have required any licensing. Seriously, what kid wouldn't want Mogo hanging out over his GL collection, or Krypton for Superman. Simple paint app process, major missed opportunity.

CCC.
        That would have been really good. Very cool ideas!

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Man, I loved that GI Joe tower. Used it with everything, including Megos. Simple, but a fantastic toy.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I loved the 1973 ideal playsets they are Pocket hero scale.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              I loved the 1973 ideal playsets they are Pocket hero scale.
              I remember having the Batman set, I wish they made these for Star Trek and POTA.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I have the Superman and Batman sets. I think the artwork (by DC and Captain Action veteran, Murphy Anderson) was influential on Mego, particularly with Mxyzptlk and the Penguin.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I have the Superman and Batman sets. I think the artwork (by DC and Captain Action veteran, Murphy Anderson) was influential on Mego, particularly with Mxyzptlk and the Penguin.

Chris
                  I think I would rather have the Superman set because Batman has plenty of vintage playsets. Superman's cutouts look straight from the comics while Batman's look more like the filmation designs. It's interesting Jor'El and General Zod aren't included, no doubt TMP made them mainstays in Superman lore.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎