Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gothamís New Caped Crusader is coming!

Gothamís New Caped Crusader is coming!

It looks like very soon, there will be a custom female addition to the crime-fighting Caped Crusaders of Gotham City.

With the help of my good friend Austin Hough, I’ve selected a perfect young female face to serve as Gotham City’s intrepid Librarian BARBARA GORDON

Meanwhile, I have completed the final sculpt of the removable Bat Cowl that she will wear as BATGIRL!!

Last edited by darklord1967; Apr 19, '19 at 10:07 AM.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Images
    very nice, as always

Looks like it's coming along nicely, who's baby are you Batgirl?

Man, oh man, Roberto, *why* do I read your posts *before* I try to settle into bed: Pure insomnia-making excitement, every time. I should be reading your updates in the morning, when I lament that I even have to get out of bed. Sigh. I got my patterns all wrong.

Dude, that looks *incredible*.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Ooooohhhh! I like it! I really, really like it!
    JediJaida

Images
    Oh Snap!!
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Holy Smokes!!!!

Images
    Blog Entries
    And to think that this is just the face! I can't wait to see the rest of it! Will she have sculpted hair or a wig? You don't necessarily need a whole wig for the look you're going for. Maybe a fall of hair attachment glued to the bottom edge of either the helmet or head would give the illusion of a full head of hair. And it wouldn't make the helmet look bulky!
    JediJaida

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    And to think that this is just the face! I can't wait to see the rest of it! Will she have sculpted hair or a wig? You don't necessarily need a whole wig for the look you're going for. Maybe a fall of hair attachment glued to the bottom edge of either the helmet or head would give the illusion of a full head of hair. And it wouldn't make the helmet look bulky!
    She will actually have neither sculpted hair, nor a wig.

I sculpted This Batgirl cowl to fit snugly over a Zica Yvonne/ Gracie hair rooted head.

I will be employing a technique I developed of performing a “face transplant” on the Yvonne / Gracie head .

So my custom Batgirl will wear a custom sculpted snugly fit cowl on a Custom Barbara Gordon head sculpt that I will kit-bash from the rear cranium /scalp of an Yvonne/ Gracie head married to the female “Barbara Gordon” face sculpt I developed with Austin’s help (re: expanding a 6inch scale Marvel Legends female head into 8 inch scale.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Images
    Blog Entries
    I....have no words.

That is just.....freaking brilliant!
    JediJaida