X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Addams Family trailer.

I don't know. It's just not clicking with me. Voices are kinda bland and I'm not digging Gomez's redesign. Maybe they will grow on me.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Honestly that's how I felt about the 90s movies, nothing clicked for me but I was 20 years old and beholden to something that came before. This looks OK but I doubt my daughter (who looooooved the 90s version) is going to want to see it with me.

I like the designs but some of the voices don't click for me.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      I like the designs but some of the voices don't click for me.
      This. The character designs evoke the original cartoons.

I loved the second film.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i was never really a fan of the show, although I certainly watched it as a kid. easy pass for me. hope it is good for those who love the characters though

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          This. The character designs evoke the original cartoons.
          Gomez doesn't for me. He's too fat. The Charles Addams illustration was not John Astin trim but he wasn't Fester obese either. I also don't see the need for adding the mole to his cheek. Still the biggest issue for me is the bland voices. It's not bad enough to bother me but it's not good enough to really excite me either. The whole thing is just kind of meh.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Gomez doesn't for me. He's too fat. The Charles Addams illustration was not John Astin trim but he wasn't Fester obese either. I also don't see the need for adding the mole to his cheek. Still the biggest issue for me is the bland voices. It's not bad enough to bother me but it's not good enough to really excite me either. The whole thing is just kind of meh.
            That is something voice actors really lament, they make these big budget films and hire big names, it sometimes works (I actually think Adam Sandler should do more cartoons) and other times it would have been better to hire voice talent.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a huge fan, and I think this looks mediocre. But I'll be snapping up some merchandise, that's sure.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

That is something voice actors really lament, they make these big budget films and hire big names, it sometimes works (I actually think Adam Sandler should do more cartoons) and other times it would have been better to hire voice talent.
                This is perfectly illustrated in Kubo and the Two Strings: Beautiful animation, great story, terrible casting.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 17, '19, 7:47 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

(I actually think Adam Sandler should do more cartoons)
                  I generally have a hard time sitting through his live action stuff but his toon Dracula is wonderful.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

This ad previewed on a YouTube video when I was watching AppleTV recently. Personally, I loved it: It made me not want to wait til Autumn.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I think it looks pretty good. Gomez has more traditional hair in most of the film, it seems. The longer hair is a flashback showing them buying the house.

It looks kind of like a CGI version of the first HB cartoon, which was also based on Addams original art.

I do get the "big stars" doing voices thing. Charleze Theron sounds particularly bland.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

I'm not sure I'm feeling it... I loved the original tv series, and honestly the movies were fun. This, I don't know...
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I generally have a hard time sitting through his live action stuff but his toon Dracula is wonderful.
                          I haven't seen a live action Sandler film in years but the family loved those monster flicks and he has a flair for VO work.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I will admit I like early Sandler films like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, etc. I didn't care for Hotel Transylvania 1 as much as I wanted to, but really enjoyed the last two.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎