Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Treadwell
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 31, 2018

Granted they could've mixed a little new in with the old. If they're theming Kirk and Spock as TwT, fine, but Gorn could've waited in favor of one new release. (or two!) Like Scotty with an armload of Tribbles accessory.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Mego should bring back the Fist Fighting figures and give one to Scotty so he can brawl with the Klingons when they insult the Enterprise like in Trouble with Tribbles.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by jwyblejr
        Mego should bring back the Fist Fighting figures and give one to Scotty so he can brawl with the Klingons when they insult the Enterprise like in Trouble with Tribbles.
        They called the Enterprise a garbage scow.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

The Klingon said the Enterprise should be hauled away as garbage. Then Scotty brought the smack down on 'em.

It is good that the Kirk and Spock figures will be available again for anyone that missed them and at least including Tribbles makes them different than taking the easy route and just putting them in a new package. I do agree that it's a missed opportunity to release a Scotty figure.
          Last edited by phil; Apr 18, '19, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
            They called the Enterprise a garbage scow.
            One of the great scenes in Star Trek. Kirk asking Scotty why he hit the Klingons. Scotty naming off a litany of offenses, none of which warranted a fight. Talking about how they insulted Kirk, Kirk smiling proudly and saying, “and so that’s when you hit the Klingons?”

Oh, no.
            No?
            No, sir. After all, we’re big enough to take a few insults, aren’t we?
            What was it they said that started the fight?
            They called the Enterprise a garbage scow!
            So, you hit the Klingons because they insulted Enterprise, not because...
            Well, sir. This was a matter of pride!

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Liking the idea of the Glow Gorn, and Tribbles is one of my two favorite Trek episodes, but there is a part of me that really wants someone new in Trek. Not saying this is an awful overall; Spock was hard to come by even on the Target website, and he might have the Vulcan salute hand this time around. Green shirt Kirk was a little easier on the site, but he is gone now. At least they added something (and how about a bag of tribbles to infest your Enterprise playset?). I do think a mix here, like the recent monsters wave, would have been good. I think one new figure along with the repeats would have garnered a little more excitement. An Andorian would be nice for those that missed the Diamond version, and could re-used quickly with some alternate costumes (much as they did with the Romulan, which I was delighted with in both forms). I just don't want to see Mego get too bogged down in variants the way FTC has (how many Duela Dents do we really need?). I understand the legitimate need to make sure everyone has a chance at the stuff Target had to themselves, but there needs to be a balance, as well.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

If they are going this variant route, I'd have preferred they did it in a more creative way. I would not buy Kirk and Spock again just to get pom poms... but if you put them in a box like the 2-pack figures with a cardboard backdrop of the space station bar and threw in an exclusive Cyrano Jones or a Captain Koloth, it would have become an insta-buy.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Paul Clarke chimed in on the FB page and I think it gives some good insight to the choices here:

These figures are primarily targeted to international distributors who could not be part of the Target exclusive last year. New waves of new figures are in the works. If you missed out on Spock or the Gorn (or just dig glow in the dark), then have at it.

Marty also mentioned that Mego's international presence just picked up in the last 60 days, so they're creating a wave for the rest of the world. It contains variations for those that dig that sort of thing and is entirely skippable for those that do not.

I have a feeling the wave 6 monster assortment will be a variation line as well.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                    Wave 4 is the wave with dress uniform Kirk and Spock. The announcement for this says wave 6. So who's in wave 5?
                    Exactly, who is in wave 5?

Im glad Scotty isnt in this wave, I want him in an army builder friendly set ( i.e. Scotty, Klingon, Borg, TNG Romulan) so I can buy sets without getting scalped.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I had it explained to me that Wave 5 is the stuff shipping from License 2 Play right now and that Wave 4 was the Legends that shipped recently to Target (Ali, Monroe, Giant).

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I had it explained to me that Wave 5 is the stuff shipping from License 2 Play right now and that Wave 4 was the Legends that shipped recently to Target (Ali, Monroe, Giant).
                        Makes sense. Also explains why all the horror characters they just released are listed on the license 2 play website as part of wave 6. Also know I’ll probably get 2 Gorns. I’m a sucker for glow in the dark stuff.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

This has been a remarkably civil thread. I half expected a mile long nerd rage about variants. I agree with the decision by Mego. Spock in particular was hard to find, he's the only one I never saw once at the store and only briefly online. You need to keep your main characters accessible if new collectors or God forbid the occasional child come into the game later and wants the show leads. The included tribbles and presumably different packaging will at least partially assuage the concerns of collectors who already have a Spock. Or ten.

Having said that, I'll probably pass on the wave but I look forward to some new characters, particularly any that have never been done in the 8 inch format.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                            This has been a remarkably civil thread. I half expected a mile long nerd rage about variants.
                            The Museum FB page actually had to be hosed off yesterday, one guy was actually calling out other people. It was not a good look.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                              The Museum FB page actually had to be hosed off yesterday, one guy was actually calling out other people. It was not a good look.
                              Sounds like an exciting time. I miss all the fun...

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Personally, I'm happy that they are re-releasing Kirk & Spock. I was only able to locate one Spock in the wild and never saw one on their website. I ordered a green shirt Kirk on their website and he came in a destroyed package. So yeah...2nd chance for me. 😁
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎