X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego “Trouble with Tribbles” Wave Announced

An interesting Pre-Order just popped up on the License-2-Play website this afternoon and reveals the details of the next Star Trek assortment from Mego:   Pre-order Mego Scifi Assortment Wave 6! 8-inch licensed Star Trek characters – this assortment is based on the Original Series episode “The Trouble with Tribbles”. Includes: Stark Trek Captain Kirk…

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I totally get that Kirk and Spock are the big sellers but I got plenty of them already.

As for Gorn, an EMCE and a Mego are plenty as well. But totally counting the days for the 14” Gorn!

Would be far more siked to see a screen accurate Koloth from tribbles than reissues of the same guys but I get the business logic behind it.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Why no Scotty still? He has the most potential for reuse. Very strange.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes. This would have been a perfect opportunity to introduce Scotty and a Klingon.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Treadwell
          Museum Super Collector
          • Dec 31, 2018

A way for the company to reuse Target exclusives for wide distribution, and good for them, I don't blame them. But speaking for myself, they're not different enough to bother adding to my own collection.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I'll buy Kirk again if they fix the head this time.

Comment

• Spectator
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 4, 2019

*sigh*

I get that they have to... ahem... "reduce, re-use, recycle" to keep some profit margin in the line, so hopefully these will be successful... but I'm REALLY ready for some new Star Trek characters.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I also get why these figures were chosen but the addition of Tribbles is hard to get excited about. A Gorn with glow in the dark features sounds fun but I don't think I need one.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

One of the things that stopped me collecting new lines (Marvel Legends, Minimates) was the endless variations of the same character. At one point, I think I had 13 different Minimate Wolverines. At first it was fun to get one or two variants, AND those lines were going deep into line-ups to turn out secondary and tertiary characters. But when variants started to reach double digits, the collecting fun became more of a burden.

I'm happy if others love the variants. They're just not for me.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 25, 2018

Wave 4 is the wave with dress uniform Kirk and Spock. The announcement for this says wave 6. So who's in wave 5?

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

So no Cyrano Jones either? I know he shouldn't come ahead of the likes of Scotty, but I'd love Cyrano Jones and/or Harcourt Fenton Mudd.
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

These are reportedly intended to catch up international sellers so they can offer the main characters before moving deeper into the selection. Makes sense.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Getting kind of tired of Kirk and Spock in every wave. That will lead to character burn-out, for sure.

Comment

• Treadwell
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Dec 31, 2018

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                            Makes sense.
                            Yeah it does. I don't mind there being a catch up wave for those who couldn't get those figs the first time. I only saw Spock on the pegs one time, and had to get green Kirk and Gorn from another collector, so I came very close to needing a wave like this myself.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Well we already have for federation characters, Kirk-Spock-Sulu-Chekov-Uhura and by accident or not so by accident
                              you may want to count Lt. Leslie too.

So I think it's time we get to see Dr. McCoy and Scotty, and I wouldn't mind a variant Scotty in dress Kilt uniform.

I pretty sure new Mego will not leave them out, just a matter of when will see these? maybe one or both in the
                              next wave, along with a Klingon and Harry Mudd.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎