X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Loose leg or knee joint problems on 12 inch Megos

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in, but here goes. I have a 12 inch Mego Incredible Hulk whose lower left leg is loose or wobbly. The problem is the knee joints are in place, but if you're not careful, the lower leg can break off. The parts are all there and I can snap them in, but it doesn't solve the loose leg problem. I recently bought a Magnetic Robin and it arrived today. Same problem. Same left leg. My questions are: 1: Was this problem commonplace for the 12 inch Megos? 2: Is there any way to fix or repair this problem? The joints are there and in place. They just won't seem to stay together. If anybody has any answers or solutions, please let me know, Thanks,
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

One or both halves of the pin assembly could be worn so that the bite is gone. I've had limited luck squeezing the pin gently in a vise to distort it and help it "grab" again. Are you sure the pins haven't lost the tip that serves to lock with the female part?

Comment

• Jason73
      Correctamundo!
      • Jan 11, 2009

Doc Mego sells pins especially made for 12 inch Hulk. The ones I bought several years ago work great.
      Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        One or both halves of the pin assembly could be worn so that the bite is gone. I've had limited luck squeezing the pin gently in a vise to distort it and help it "grab" again. Are you sure the pins haven't lost the tip that serves to lock with the female part?
        I honestly don't know. I'm just wondering if the problem is repairable or beyond repair. There don't seem to be anymore hobby shops where I could take it for repairs.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
          The Man of Many Voices
          • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by Jason73
          Doc Mego sells pins especially made for 12 inch Hulk. The ones I bought several years ago work great.
          That sounds great for the Hulk. Now if I could only find flesh tone ones for Robin.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            Are you sure the pins haven't lost the tip that serves to lock with the female part?
            Yeah, this is a very common issue with the pins. With these, I've tried to carefully superglue the two pin parts together inside the knee joint (carefully moving the knee joint back and forth as the glue dries to make sure the leg pieces themselves don't get stuck together) with some success.

Unfortunately, broken knee joints are extremely common with 12" Megos. If I find one with intact knee joints, I usually assume they have been repaired at one point. I don't know how effective the above method is compared to others, but it's pretty "invisible" and doesn't introduce any reproduction parts.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
              I honestly don't know. I'm just wondering if the problem is repairable or beyond repair. There don't seem to be anymore hobby shops where I could take it for repairs.
              If you post a picture, we can probably tell you your best options. Flesh replacements are available as well. Right now we're just guessing.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎