Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down...

Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down...

Man what a tragedy. The building is such a cornerstone of western culture and it held so many irreplaceable art treasures, and now it looks like it will all be lost.

-M

Images
    It’s shocking to see this happening.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    I can't understand why they didn't use firefighting airplanes or helicopters ?

That was like the first thing I thought of early on.
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I can't understand why they didn't use firefighting airplanes or helicopters ?
    It would have made it worse. Water bombing would have collapsed the structure.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Horrific and sad for France. One of the most amazing places I've been. Hopefully the masonry can withstand.
    Last edited by Confessional; Apr 15, '19 at 3:26 PM. Reason: … gahhh!

Images
    Last news update I heard is that they were able to save the main structure and two towers. The fire fighters there are heroes and experts at what they do.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm profoundly sad as I see this happening. I can't process all my feelings just now, it's terrible.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    it's just so heartbreaking. I am not a religious person, but all that art and history that has been lost is irreplaceable. I hope there was no one inside that inferno. I imagine details will start to come out in the next couple days

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Last news update I heard is that they were able to save the main structure and two towers. The fire fighters there are heroes and experts at what they do.
    Yes. While earlier they thought all would be lost, they are now saying the main structure might be saved.

It looked like they we just trying to contain it at 4 (EST)

Glad there is hope. My younger daughter hasn't been there yet.

Images
    I still think they should have dropped water on it early from the sky

Maybe collapsing the roof was a chance that should have been taken considering the alternative was fighting it from the street and eventually letting it burn.
    .................................................. .......................