Thread: Toy-Ventures 17: Mr. Rock from Lincoln International

Plaid Stallions Toy-Ventures 17: Mr. Rock from Lincoln International

The subject of this weeks Toy-Ventures is one of the most notorious and hilarious knock-off action figures from the 20th century, Mr. Rock the outer space adventurer from Lincoln International.

With his flare gun and pink transistor radio, Mr. Rock is set for his intergalactic mission of confusing parents and disappointing children across the galaxy.

Please subscribe to our channel on YouTube so you can get a weekly Toy-Venture:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/palitoy/featured

New Six Million Dollar Man Shirt in our Redbubble store!

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

This is a grail of mine that I doubt will ever fall into my lap. Great vid Brian, as always. I would love to know how many of these made it out of the factory door, and onto retail shelves. Were some destroyed due to lawsuit threats? Were some just thrown away in a dumpster?

In a near perfect Bizarro world, Mr. Rock gets his own Netflix show, and Mego 2.0 puts out a new figure making my grail hopes a grail achievement realized.
    I post in thy general direction!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newlyknighted View Post
    This is a grail of mine that I doubt will ever fall into my lap. Great vid Brian, as always. I would love to know how many of these made it out of the factory door, and onto retail shelves. Were some destroyed due to lawsuit threats? Were some just thrown away in a dumpster?
    Thank you!

The whole lawsuit thing is mere conjecture on my part, I doubt I'll ever know for certain. One of the things I hope for is a huge caselot find of these someday. Stranger things have happened.

Images
    From the video,it sounds like Lincoln also took Hasbro's "Boy oh boy it's a Hasbro toy" thing too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    From the video,it sounds like Lincoln also took Hasbro's "Boy oh boy it's a Hasbro toy" thing too.
    I had no idea!