X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Classic TV Toys Vans and Tops

I know I heard mention on here when they first came out but I don't recall the answer. Do the vans they sell for customizing have wheels that turn or are they non-rotating?
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

They roll great!
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Those vans are amazing! Love my Daily Planet Bus.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I know this was answered here, but I don't recall: Can the colored wheels be switched out for the black ones?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

They come with wheels the same color as the body. Some people painted them.i covered them with a rubber skin.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

If you pick up a broken vintage Mego bus or a new one with different colors, they are easy enough to switch. I took apart a couple vintage ones to repair before.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

somebody did some nice covers for the wheels with bike inner tubes, looked really good. Why they couldn't mold them in black is a mystery.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                somebody did some nice covers for the wheels with bike inner tubes, looked really good. Why they couldn't mold them in black is a mystery.
                I'm sure the tooling has the body and wheels all in one. They would have to make black bodies to have the black wheels, then have a ton of extra bodies.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  I'm sure the tooling has the body and wheels all in one. They would have to make black bodies to have the black wheels, then have a ton of extra bodies.
                  There are a lot of injection companies that do multi color molding. They managed to get the tires and rims in different colors for the DC vans so they could have done it for these too.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sure it had to do with production runs and the typically bizarre way FTC does things, but to me the colored wheels are a big turn-off. They could certainly have done black wheels had they cared to. The cost would likely not have been in molding but in assembly and minimal to producing a better product.

I bought an extra Bat-Lab for a custom and they refused to sell me just a roof. I get it, but on the other hand, really? Of course, the bat-signal fiasco is still in my mind.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      ...the bat-signal fiasco is still in my mind.
                      What is this bat-signal fiasco that you speak of?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

From what I can see on the sites, the $40 solid color van/roof doesn't have the clear headlight lenses that the van in the special set w/figure does.

And aside from the tires not being black, the hubs/wheels are also missing the chrome.

Looks like the interiors on the $40 van are also the same color as the body whereas the van that comes with the special set w/figure has a black molded interior.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

The color vans have the clear plastic headlamp lenses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, I noticed that with my recent order to obtain a black roof.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎