X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Think Geek Has Megos

I was in Think Geek close to Atlanta tonight and they had all the new Mego Trek and monsters. They were well stocked too.
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

They have them online too, individually. $19.99 each. Standard shipping for one figure is $8.95.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I wanna see pics of them in the wild. Haven’t seen them anywhere yet here in Nova Scotia but if I do I’ll snap pics.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

EBx has promised them here. I ordered a Romulan with "in store pick up" so I'm patiently waiting for my notice.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Looks like I need to take a trip to Syracuse. Unless Gamestop starts carrying them.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            EBx has promised them here. I ordered a Romulan with "in store pick up" so I'm patiently waiting for my notice.
            My EBx said "Hopefully we'll get them in but you can get them off our website". Really hoping to experience the retail experience in Canada.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by jwyblejr
              Looks like I need to take a trip to Syracuse. Unless Gamestop starts carrying them.
              Gamestop IS carrying them...stopped in one and they had the Four new Trek, no others though. Asked what they could order and they said they could order Bruce Lee as well as the Four. Price point was comparable to ThinkGeek.
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                My EBx said "Hopefully we'll get them in but you can get them off our website". Really hoping to experience the retail experience in Canada.
                Omg, currently, only Freddy Krueger is available via PayPal on the site. Only 1 location in Brampton is showing the monsters & Trek figures are available in the Toronto area. It seems like *forever* to be waiting for EB Games to make these accessible at retail in Toronto. Last week, I just caught the special reduced price on purchasing the EB "EDGE" card to hopefully get the lower retail price on these. I'm a fan of choosing the one that looks best to me. It replicates those old childhood memories at the Canadian K-Mart's, Zellers, Woolco's and Sears: The experience of choosing the best packaging, face paints and poses under the bubble is what helps keep me a kid at heart.

Ugh. I know it's coming. Like Christmas. Damn, it's like I'm 6 years old all over again...the anticipation.
                Last edited by comicmike; Apr 14, '19, 3:59 PM.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Yeah... I'm real picky about cards, bubbles, paint apps ( especially face ) and how the figure is posed in the bubble. Too picky really that it takes some of the joy out of collecting for me unfortunately.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

So GameStop is selling the new megos wave 4 including Star Trek? what are they priced at?
                    I have 2 Gamestops in my town, this sounds like great news, I'll have to check my 2 local stores.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if comic shops are selling any new megos? it sounds like Target is not the only option these days.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

The Think Geek Megos were priced at 19.99. I'm assuming the same for Game Stop.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Too pricey, but I think I will stop by ThinkGeek this week just to see them on the shelf!

Comment

• Eric
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 11, 2008

I just picked up the Romulan and a Kirk at the Albany NY Think Geek. They also had Spock and Uhura, but were out of the monsters. They also had a (non-Mego) Captain Kirk mug next to the Megos. It was in a box that used the same blue and gold design elements as the new ST Megos, leading me to believe that Mego had to conform to a CBS-mandated package design.
                            Last edited by Eric; Apr 15, '19, 2:59 PM.

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

Nothing like seeing them at retail.stopped at think geek at clackmas mall here in portland.they had all the monsters and star trek.picked up another romulan commander and uhura .and another nosferatu.beautiful display..took pics.but I never figured out how to post them.it seems they had 3 dracs.3 werewolf's.1 Frankenstein 1 invisible Man and 1 Nosferatu .for trek they had 4 Kirk's 4 Spock's 3 uhuras and 3 romulans.minus the figures I bought.tickled to see them at a real store.i told those think geek guys to carry more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎