X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Basa-tille Day

Usually "me time" is after the kids go to bed, but I had a few minutes today and decided to break out ye old bag o' Basas that I have been accumulating to see what I could do. Today was the first time I really looked at them. The bodies remind me a lot of CTVT's reverse-engineered India bodies, and the clothes seem like Tomland and Ledy had a baby. Everything is a tad bit smaller, and the flesh tone is more salmon than Mego tan. When it was all said and done I had enough parts for a nice Robin, Superman with a stand-in arm and hand, and Batman is still a basket case. I like the approach Basa took to the costumes. It's not quite Mego, and the fabric is more like Captain Action quality. No tent material capes.

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Nice to see these, I really like their Robin.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• glimpy
      Loco Chango
      • Feb 5, 2012

Awesome simply awesome
      sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I always dig the south of the border/South American Mego and knock-off designs… Robin's boot color alone does it for me. Cool, have fun!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

These really look nice, and I agree how great Robin was done, very clean and colorful.

Will you be getting the missing parts for Batman from CTVT or waiting to see if you can find the original's somewhere?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I am going to make Batman a cape and repro him out for now. First I need to work on the ink stain. He's a placeholder.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎