Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Indeed:

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Nice to finally see Lando. Looks promising. JJ has a bit of clean up to do after the last movie. Shame he couldn't have done all three.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

The Trailer looks good. Hopefully the movie will be too.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

looks very promising. I think Disney knows they made mistakes with Last Jedi and JJ is going to bring out all the big guns for the finale

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I think the problem with last Jedi is Johnson threw out all the work JJ did in the previous film bringing the fun and magic back to SW. He took the story in a completely different path that was intended and set up by Force Awakens to joylessly deconstruct the myths and mythology of the SW movies and Luke Skywalker.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Really feels like they're trying to course correct here but that's kind of what I expected to see.

I didn't mind TLJ but it seemed obsessed with misdirection of expectations and I understood how that could frustrate hardcore fans.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^I didn't dislike it, but I think Star Wars maybe isn't the franchise to go that far afield on. You could argue Empire did as well, but I don't think there was a total mind-eff on some of the lingering ideas as what we saw in TLJ...and the mythology wasn't burned into the culture in 1980, either.

This definitely feels much safer and fan service-y, but Star Wars is meant to be a fun adventure franchise, so I don't mind one bit.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

SW isn't Game of Thrones. Its always been light hearted fantasy adventure escapism. The sequel to Force Awakens wasn't the place to try to deconstruct the SW mythology and throw out the set up and characterizations of the previous movies.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Very smart move, not only putting Skywalker in the title but also having him narrate. It will give people who disliked TLJ some hope.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      This definitely feels much safer and fan service-y, but Star Wars is meant to be a fun adventure franchise, so I don't mind one bit.
                      Yeah I'm fine with it too, it's Star Wars.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Goosebumps all the way as I’m a Luke guy and seeing the name in the title and hearing his voice throughout the trailer has me pumped it.

Any theories on who’s laughing in the darkness?
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          Any theories on who’s laughing in the darkness?
                          Sounded like Palpatine.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

JJ has confirmed that Palpatine is indeed in the movie

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I didn't know that before, but I thought Palpatine. Looks like the remains of the second Death Star they are looking at. I guess part of it landed on a planet with ol' Palpatine still alive inside? Or he's a mega Sith Force Ghost.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎