Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YIKES!! My Oscar Goldman's Pants Are Decaying!!! (The Six Million Dollar Man)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I think this is also an example of how grading is a pointless scam. Your C-9 graded sealed in Lucite figure could any day turn into a pile of dust and parts.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by RonnyG
      .... Fortunately, my Oscar has blue briefs painted on so I could always put him on the swim team, but his plaid jacket is so '70s cool!
      Too funny! :-)

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Your pics look (starting as small clean tears than expanding to pieces/chunks) like classic dry rot… exposure to humidity without the ability to fully dry. Over time mold spores break down the fabric. Nature is a beast!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Wonder if Scotch Guard would help hold everything together ?

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by rykerw1701
            I was getting way too deep into Hot Toys at one point when I started thinking about just this scenario. Rubber skin, pleather clothes all a pile of dust inside a $250 box. I haven't bought one since and started slowly paring down what I had.

In a related area, a while back I made the mistake of trying to roll up the skin on my Steve Austin arm to show the circuit. The rubber skin basically disintegrated all around the bottom part of his arm.
            toy polio has a video showing how to replace 6 Million $ Man arm, rubber peach colored balloon.

Sadly many fabrics from 70s have this issue. My Knight of Darkness has a disintegrating cape, Lone Ranger figures are also known for this. I have had perfect C-9-10 fabric GIJOE items not in sunlight fade or become brittle after a few years. The disintegrating / crumbling Johnny West issue I have found starting with vintage Captain Action figures and some Joes. Medicom figures from 90s are known for vinyl uniforms disintegrating. It's all temporary so I say enjoy them!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎