X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Target Measles

Well, I was just about to head down to my local Target and I find out they had a measles issue at the mall,
    from what I was told, someone who had the virus spent half the day at the mall going in all the stores,
    now this tells me, that it was intentional and I consider that a terrorist act to spread a virus at a very busy
    shopping mall.

My local mall is about 20 minutes south of Boston, it the largest mall south of the city, with three levels
    it's pretty busy all week long, especially on Friday nights and weekends, I'm not going to get into it, but it's like the League of Nations down there, I don't care about that so much, but it's come a long way since I went there as a kid and later as a teenager with my friends.

We're getting more crime issues, shop lifting. cars being broken into in the parking garage, and of
    course drugs, the local police should just move the station to the mall.

I live right near by, and we have a nice quiet neighborhood young families and kids, but lately were getting more cut through traffic and strange cars parking at the corner when it's dark out, waiting for who knows what? but I can guess

Now we have crime watch signs in the neighborhood and I see more police patrolling which helps, but something more needs to be done, it's aggravating and I apologize for ranting.

So I guess I'll stay away from the mall and Target for awhile, the last time I was there, the same Mego peg warmers were hanging, so does anyone know when wave 4 will be hitting target? Target was one of the stores with the measles scare,
    so I'm a little leery going there anytime soon.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

there have been measles outbreaks just south of me and in the Rockland County they have actually put in a place a ban on entering any public place if a child under 18 is not vaccinated. if it is found out the ban was violated the parents will be penalized in some way

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

is the kid supposed to carry around his/her medical records?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I'm not really sure how they are enforcing it because no, they are not required to do that. I think if it is traced back to someone who was out in public, then they will fine them or whatever it is they do as punishment

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

10 years ago Measles was almost eradicated and now we have plague warnings for it. Stupid people and their refusal to not have their kids vaccinated based on things they believe from the internet.
          We used to believe some secret government project or terrorist biologic attack would wipe out civilization.
          No, it'll be caused by this kind of general idiocy and the inability of the public to learn froom history.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Lewis Black on the topic, from the Daily Show:

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡