X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Heh. They wouldn't spend $7 to do right by me. It's very unlikely they's spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to chill and maintain humidity in a warehouse for the rest of their customers.
    you'd think they would to protect the inventory. FLA is murder on pleather and rubbery stuff.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

So, I did a Space:1999 order a few (2?) months ago, because I'm doing some 1999-related customs.

I ordered this...
      Screenshot_2019-07-30-19-40-14~2.jpg
      He came without the helmet visor.

I also ordered this outfit, which I thought might (stress might) have the red jacket that came with the special edition Alan Carter...
      Screenshot_2019-07-30-19-40-14.jpg
      I wondered about it, because it had the same description as this outfit...
      Screenshot_2019-07-30-19-40-26.jpg

But of course...BIG NOPE. No red jacket, just the tan outfit. Why the Hell would you say it comes with a red jacket, if it doesn't? I don't see a red jacket in the picture, like in the description of the other outfit sale shows the blue jacket (which says comes with one and it actually does come with a jacket....for a penny less!).

Aaargh!

I'm only posting this now, because, I'm about to order another astronaut dude, this time I'm going to ask them to make sure it has a visor. Hopefully they'll do so. They just irk me sometimes and I also don't understand how they can write a description that is patently false for some of their products.

Dana
      Last edited by danadoll; Jul 30, '19, 7:28 PM.
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• LardLad
        Museum Patron
        • Mar 13, 2012

Dana - I think you can order just the helmet. Pretty sure I ordered a few with my last order.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I bought a "heavy metal guitar for figures", and really feel like I got ripped off. Here's a picture of it next to a Mego guitar. I don't know why this is in the section for 8" figures. It is way too small, and they should be ashamed for misleading customers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Its for Tiny Tim
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

FTC likes to sell accessories for both their "8" figures and their wrestling figures as if they are compatible for both .but the wrestlers are smaller ,and
              stuff like that can be misleading to us mego guys .they should be specific about that .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I didn't realize that, good to know. Some of the wrestling accessories, like the broadcaster's station, look nice.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by tllgn
                  FTC likes to sell accessories for both their "8" figures and their wrestling figures as if they are compatible for both .but the wrestlers are smaller ,and
                  stuff like that can be misleading to us mego guys .they should be specific about that .
                  It was in the 8" figure accessories section.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by LardLad
                    Dana - I think you can order just the helmet. Pretty sure I ordered a few with my last order.
                    True, but I need the body and outfit for another Space:1999 custom.

Dana

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

That's sucky, Lonnie. That's a shrimpy guitar for the 8 inchers. It's definitely 6 inch wrestler figure scale. They apparently don't care if they're in 8 inch scale or not, they just want to make a buck.

Dana
                      Last edited by danadoll; Aug 1, '19, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

I'm still angry about the Space:1999 outfit not coming with a red jacket, when the description said it did. I have to make one now...and they aren't easy to make (I know, because I've made them before, well, black ones, for Commander Koenig...ugh.)

Dana
                        Last edited by danadoll; Aug 26, '19, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎