X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Getting So Frustrated With FTC!

I just got my latest order from FTC and I was excited, that is, until I opened it. I had ordered two Invisible Girl headed bodies for customs (which are 2 dollars more expensive each than what I got), but this is what they sent me...20190406_142147.jpg
    Not only that, I ordered two pair of Space:1999 grey space boots and Space:1999 tan leather-like belts. Both were in terrible shape. The boots were as brittle as Xmas ribbon candy (one was already broken and they soon shattered when I tried to put them on a figure, photo below) and the belts were both shedding their leather "skins", like snakes...yuck!
    20190406_141948.jpg

I've been trying to contact FTC about issues with my last order that was messed up and have yet been able to open a dialogue (I keep getting "email is undeliverable" error messages, when I use their "contact info).

Frankly, I'm getting really tired of their crap product, their crap service and their crap treatment of their customers. I'm not sure what else I can do, I just spent $88 and I feel like I've been robbed.

I'll keep trying to contact them, but I know I will have to pay more money to send back figures that I didn't order (these two female figures and some from my order before)...it just makes me want to scream. I apologize for the rant...I had to get this off my chest. I'm going bananas here.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Jun 18, '19, 11:25 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

You are not alone. I just got a bad experience with a product and have yet to hear back.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think I read threads like this in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.

That means that we Megoheads are tolerant and hopeful, and FTC is...

Also, the Space:1999 stuff is from India and is basically fragile junk.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

At least FTC is consistent.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

Ugh...I've sent 6 emails now (some from their website itself, some I tried from my personal email)...every one of them returned undeliverable. WTAF!?

Dana

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Have you tried calling them?
            JediJaida

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

I guess I'll have to, JJ.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

I know that they've been pretty nice to me when I call.
                JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

I have become VERY selective about what I buy from them. Customizing parts are typically a safe bet but I've received some items that were less than quality as well.

As for their figures? Don't get me started. The last figures I bought from them were the WW set with WW, Diana Prince, Silver Swan and Steve Trevor. The WW/Diana figure is sub-par at best. So disappointing. After those hit the market, I didn't buy any of their figures for a LONG time. I was done with them.

I recently, after much deliberation, bought heads, boots and bodies for 12" Superman and Supergirl as well as the 12" WW, 8" Hawkman and 8" Obama. The WW and Supergirl heads are "off" in a way that is just acceptable if that makes sense but overall I have to say I am pretty satisfied considering the source. The Obama sculpt is pretty spot on and in scale to the body. Hawkman is actually a pretty cool figure save the snap on boot feet and wings that are too floppy to support themselves when extended. Still too expensive for what you get ($50 for a 12" WW?) and for me, not sustainable in the long run.

The take away? We have all collectively supported their bad sculpts, bad customer service and price gouging for too long. This is on us. The only thing you can do is be selective with the money you put in their pockets and demand a response when they don't deliver.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Not sticking up for them at all. Not a fan of FTC's stuff since day one. Florida heat/humidity and maybe even that last hurricane damages stuff in warehouses. Just sayin' Still doesn't make it right that they are sticking their customers with junk/brittle junk. I've used them maybe 2 times. Once for my Dynamo custom and once for my McCartney Let It Be/Get Back custom. They were quick and the stuff was pretty decent quality except for the Conan Belt which didn't fit the Dynamo figure.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Well, they must finally know about the Space:1999 grey frame boots because they are removed from the website (and my saved cart)... Whew!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Yeah I order some stuff that was just horrible. Those wide gloves are a pain to work with and or not worth it. The 'leather' jackets are in bad shape. I only order parts from them from now on. I will do not order full ReMego bodies from them. I would rather place the costumes on Mego or other bodies that will hold up. I do not mind ordering cloth clothing from them because they are not expensive. I haven't had a problem with the shoes yet so all is good right now. I only order the heads that look normal and not the big noggins, I would rather use New Mego generic heads that big noggins.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

Hi guys,

One of my emails apparently got through! Yay! They refunded my money for the belts and boots (they also removed them from the website, as TRDouble mentioned above) and they're sending me a replacement 7.5 male body for my last order, as well as replacement heads for the 2 ladies in the recent order.

I can take a breath....sigh. I didn't think any of those emails went through.

The heat and humidity of their warehouse has to be what is destroying their product (as you guys have mentioned), especially the leather-like materials and the older plastics. I have those older Space:1999 figures in storage (in a tote in a dry cellar) with those same boots and belts and they're in great shape.

Dana
                          Last edited by danadoll; Apr 9, '19, 9:37 AM.

Comment

• danadoll
                            Micronaut Nut!
                            • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            Well, they must finally know about the Space:1999 grey frame boots because they are removed from the website (and my saved cart)... Whew!
                            I apologize if you lost something you needed, TRDouble.

Dana

Comment

• SeattleEd
                              SynthoRes Transmigrator
                              • Oct 24, 2007

Good to hear, Dana.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢