X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by danadoll
    I apologize if you lost something you needed, TRDouble.

Dana
    And I thank you for posting the pictures! I had planned to get those Space:1999 boots, but I have been waiting for my Doc Mego order to arrive to see what I still needed from FTC/CTVT. You saved me from experiencing your disappointment and frustration.

I am glad that they got back to you and are taking care of the issue.

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

TRDouble, the boots were incredibly fragile. I don't think there would have been any conceivable way to get them on a figure without them shattering as they did with me. I'm glad I could give you some insight into a potential disaster.

Dana
      Last edited by danadoll; Apr 17, '19, 9:12 AM.
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I am getting picky about what I order from them. The Robin Hood type belts and quivers split/break consistently (although some of the quivers may be okay if they are the newer versions apparently made for Speedy, whose quivers seem...stable right now). The apes tops with the pleather are now worthless as they split and shed if you touch them, and I rather expect anything they have with a pleather finish is likely to do the same. Some of the more recently produced stuff seems fine so far, but I don't know about long term. They are using better plastic, it seems, than they used with older stuff like the Space 1999 items, but, if storage in the heat of Florida is an issue, even the new stuff may eventually suffer.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Some of their stuff (Conan...) is lovely, but their Ape Knives are terrible. The only constant at FTC is inconsistency.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

I pure and simple consider my FTC as collectible...not to be removed from box. With that said; I have received items with a detached arm, head, etc. FTC has been very nice and kind to me. They have always been willing to replace product or if I have to cut through their custom zip tie to fix a head or arm; they send me replacement zip ties. I know that might sound lame but it is a win/win on my part. As a side note, I received an EMCE figure with the hand joint falling and just rolled my eyes. Again, just a collectible to me so no big deal and could snap it back if I opened it
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Adam West
              I pure and simple consider my FTC as collectible...not to be removed from box. With that said; I have received items with a detached arm, head, etc. FTC has been very nice and kind to me. They have always been willing to replace product or if I have to cut through their custom zip tie to fix a head or arm; they send me replacement zip ties. I know that might sound lame but it is a win/win on my part. As a side note, I received an EMCE figure with the hand joint falling and just rolled my eyes. Again, just a collectible to me so no big deal and could snap it back if I opened it
              If you have a small eye glass screwdriver, you can remove a zip tie without cutting it. I used to do that when I had to fix something before I decided I didn't care and preferred to open them all up.

Comment

• Toycade
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 8, 2014

You can often pop the clam shell open from the bottom, remove the figure, make adjustments, and slide the figure back in. I have to do with with about 10% of the FTC figures I sell before shipping. :/

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

This week I ordered a yellow body suit for creeper and a base body.the bad body was really loose and ready to fall apart.i am getting so fed up now that I passed on buying bird man and atom that I was looking forward to.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Just had three blue hero boots split just from trying to pull them on an FTC figure. I think everything in stock is suffering from however it's being stored. I've never had that problem with their stuff before, but recent stuff I've gotten seems to be deteriorating. I just got the new ape shirts they just put up, and they seem just fine. It's the stuff that's been laying around that seems to be literally rotting in the Florida heat...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Some of my CTVT boots split as I used them for customs Thursday evening at the dinner. I do think it's a storage issue, as well as old "India" stock.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Gotta be storage at their end. I've noticed no such problems in the figures I got back when the DC stuff first came out. No boots splitting or belts breaking on figures that have been in an air conditioned house. Exact same boots on my Batman figures, and they're all fine so far. Gonna try to pull some spares out I got a while back this weekend and see if they have weathered time well...

Comment

• OCSuperman
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 4, 2014

I have purchased ...

All the 8" dc retros
                          All the Superfriends line
                          Most of Batman '66
                          Most of the 12" line

but I have held back on many other lines/new figs that I would buy IF THE QUALITY WAS BETTER (FTC!) I am only continuing with the Superfriends (to complete & for display purposes).
                          My issues have been the usual: hunched females, loose arms, detached arms, 2 left feet, wobbly heads.

FTC could really have much more of my $$$ if they made more reliable/solid figures (my Megos from childhood stood up to much more wear and tear).

Comment

• tiinacat
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 4, 2015

With actual megos selling for 12 bucks or so it’s hard to justify the FTC figures I’m pulling back to just superhero and letting variants and villains go by. This from someone who has every variant and figure from the 3 hero lines so far.

Sigh

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

With all of the money they get from us,you would think they'd be able to buy an air conditioner or even some fans so they don't have to worry about the heat being a problem.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Heh. They wouldn't spend $7 to do right by me. It's very unlikely they's spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to chill and maintain humidity in a warehouse for the rest of their customers.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎