X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mr. Mentor's Autograph

After watching the Shazam! movie last night (It's a lot of fun), I was reminded of how obsessed I was with the Filmation series as a kid/adult.

One of my favourite pieces I've found is this Mr. Mentor promotional "autograph" from the series. Seeing as Les is no longer with us, it's the best I'll ever get.

New Six Million Dollar Man Shirt in our Redbubble store!

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I've enjoyed Les' work as a character actor for years now (he was even in North By Northwest)) but my introduction of him was in Shazam! and he was a big part of why I enjoyed the show. What a voice--it's not surprising he was also a radio star.

I liked the unique format of the show that included Mentor and the Elders, it was clever in its way to accommodate the budget and storytelling. DC eventually nudged Uncle Dudley into that role in the comics, as he and Billy traveled the USA and battled Sivana. But as a kid, I did not get to read of Captain Marvel accurately until he was featured in JLA and Adventure comics a few years later.

I've often wanted to do a custom of Mentor, but I've never found a jacket I liked.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 6, '19, 9:08 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That's all kinds of awesome.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Billy after if he get a told a hyperbole by the elders.
        "I'm afraid I don't understand."

Elders: You will Billy you will.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

I saw one custom of Mentor I liked. Grandpa Walton in a modified Zaius jacket.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎