X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    Plus my favorite DC villain got some screen time.
    If we're on the same page--yes! I was happy with an Easter egg, but the mid-credit sequence gave me chills, I was grinning ear-to-ear.

Of course, you could mean Herkimer, Jorkk, and Sylvester--that's cool, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I loved it. It captured the right tone and was fun. One thing I've disliked with DC's take on Captain Marvel over the years (really post-Crisis) is the writers who take "he's a kid in an adult body" to mean he's simple. In the Giffen/DeMateis JL run, he was made to say things like "why can't we sing 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'?" A teen trying to act like an adult isn't going to regress to pre-school. This felt like it had the "Wow, look I'm super now" excitement without making Cap dumb. It felt like just a genuinely affectionate take on the character.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• newlyknighted
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 21, 2010

Levi, Strong, Angel, and Grazer were fantastic in this movie. This movie was heartwarming, clever, funny, unexpectedly scary, and creatively shot by the cinemaphotographer. It captured the characters like I hoped it would, and the movie exceeded my expectations. I cannot wait for the sequel to see more of these relationships that were established in this film.
        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67

There was one thing that bothered only me- I kept looking at the background, hoping to see my beloved hometown but it was quickly apparent this was not shot in Philadelphia. Were our Torontotonians here equally distracted?
          and
          A couple of times yeah, the subway station still had the familiar TTC red on the side of the building, they use that variety store for a lot of movies and then there is my wife's co-workers entire family being extras.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

As a lifelong fan I was cautious with my optimism approaching this film. I knew there was no chance to capture the magic of the character completely but I was hoping they at least kept the spirit alive.

They did, and did it well.

WB managed to balance out the whimsical with the heroic, which is very difficult to pull off. I'm not sure they needed to be as graphic as they were with the seven sins especially for children, but overall I think this is my favorite DCU film to date. I was surprised at the lunchroom cameo, but I understand why it was limited. Contracts suck sometimes.

I'm, kinda hoping there wasn't a second bonus scene cause I left.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

There are 2 bonus scenes. The last one comes after all the credits. It's definitely skippable. It's basically a "cut scene" for giggles and you don't need to see it. Whereas the midcredit scene is pretty important.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Looks like a sequel is being fast-tracked. Yea!!

https://deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-...ng-1202591584/

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-shazam-s...rks-1833897030

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah those kids aren't getting any younger.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

^ Exactly! And neither is Zachary Levi.

Not so impressive when a twenty-something transforms into a forty-something.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, Michael Gray was in his 20s as Billy Batson...

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

It would have been cool to see a Michael Gray cameo. If there was one, I missed it.

On the movie itself, just saw it yesterday. I’ve got to say, that was an incredibly fun movie for me. Hit all the right notes.

I went in spoiler free, so I just really enjoyed the ride.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I came across two former TV Shazam actors on Facebook recently, they were not big fans of this treatment. So I'm not surprised there were no cameos.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

I saw it twice. The first time in 3D with my wife, the second time last night by myself. The only thing my wife didn't like was the scary element. I have to point out a minor cast spoiler. John Glover was in this movie as Dr. Sivana's father, who is pretty much like another Lionel Luthor. Other than that, I won't spoil this movie, but I highly recommend it. From the comics, I am familiar with Billy, Mary and Freddy. But I am not familiar with Darla, Eugene and the big guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                              I have to point out a minor cast spoiler. John Glover was in this movie as Dr. Sivana's father, who is pretty much like another Lionel Luthor.
                              I took my sister and niece to the Saturday Matinee yesterday and my niece, who's now 18 and a big "Smallville" fan when she was a grade and middle schooler, got a kick out of him being in the movie. The boardroom scene at Sivana Industries made her say "More like Luthorcorp". She's an accomplished young lady and I am glad she still indulges her old uncle with the occasional Superhero movie outing.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

I’m happy that this film has been so well received. As a result, I hope this treatment becomes a trend.

- Ian
                                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎