Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shazam!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I came across two former TV Shazam actors on Facebook recently, they were not big fans of this treatment. So I'm not surprised there were no cameos.
    It would have been easy to do. Just have Michael Gray negotiating to buy an RV from Jackson Bostwick then have John Davey tap him on shoulder and say "I've got it from here."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    It would have been easy to do. Just have Michael Gray negotiating to buy an RV from Jackson Bostwick then have John Davey tap him on shoulder and say "I've got it from here."
    Perfect!

Images
    I loved the SHAZAM show in the 70's. I loved Cap Marvel's interaction in the DC universe in the 70's and 80s in comics when I was reading. I loved his early tales when I went back and read them in the 90's. I loved animated versions of him. I even loved his part in the Legends of the Superheroes special. He part in Kingdom Come is what blew my mind. I even liked the Captain Marvel serial (except the scene where he for some unknown reason gunned down some bad guys)

I have not read comics with in him in for 20 years or more. I did not know until a month ago that DC dropped the Captain Marvel name. I was not excited to see the new movie.

I loved it. Definitely fun with lots of stuff for every body.

The only thing I didn't care for was that they amalgamated to of his main enemies. Gave the name on ad look of one bad guy, but the back story and powers of another.

Images
    Did I miss cameos from Either 70's Marvel or Michael Gray? I see above others didn't find them. More importantly - no Winebago. I was looking. But maybe I missed it?

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^That's John's glib reworking of Sivana. But the Sivana we see at the end is moving towards a more classic version and we had a flashback of Black Adam in the film.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^That's John's glib reworking of Sivana. But the Sivana we see at the end is moving towards a more classic version and we had a flashback of Black Adam in the film.
    I thought the gold explanation from the wizard might have been Adam. When I saw it I assumed that was a set up for SHAZAM 2, but then as the film went on, I thought it was just a way of eliminating the character.

Even if the character in the movie was Gib's rewrite - the rewrite is an amalgam

Images
    My whole family loved the movie!

Spoiler:

I'm just giddy that a certain, really-small, evil character has screen time.
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Shazam!” which made $17 million in its third weekend to push its domestic total to $121 million and its global total to over $300 million.

That’s a tad disappointing.

Images
    especially considering End Game is out this week and that will crush everything at the box office for the next few weeks