X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

DC Primal Age

So far I have managed to resist these, but they're making it hard.

The ride-on beasts are cool, and I really like King Shark and Flash
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

King Shark and Luthor for me!

aw yeah head swap!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I was thinking Aquaman oughtta be good for something too. Maybe Odin or some Godly/Kingly use.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

I have a bunch of the Wave 1 Figures and the Target Exclusive Batman... they are very cool

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        I was thinking Aquaman oughtta be good for something too. Maybe Odin or some Godly/Kingly use.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I bought wave one, both creatures and the Batcave. My nephew loves playing with them. I reminds me of my brother and I playing with Masters of the Universe. Wish I could find Thundercats on the shelf at Target.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Boris71
            GeekBot' For Life
            • May 13, 2007

I bought Black Manta and was nor so impressed with him, I think the Mortal combat were better quality my self
            Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I hope they still come out with Conan

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I have to say, now that we're past the Pixel Dan hoax fiasco...I'm still not personally into these. I loved me some MOTU as a kid, and still longingly appreciate the MOTU Classics and other new lines from afar, but this just seems an odd concept for DC and Funko to go this deep into, when no one is really making a good solid, standard DC line at retail at this point. I know Mattel had the master license, and now McFarlane and Spin Master are splitting it, but I would have rather seen Funko give us a 3.75" line like the New Teen Titans and First Appearance Superman they snuck out their collector club. I think maybe if Mattel or Super 7 had done it themselves, and connected it with MOTU, since the properties go way back together, I would have been able to get into it.

But that's just me. I'm glad a lot of folks are enjoying it. I'm certainly glad some classic comic creators got work on the comic tie-in...although I'd rather see them on the regular, monthly titles, saving us from a lot of the questionable stuff DC does these days.

Chris (old man rant over)
                sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

They combined my two favorite properties of all time into one: no way I was not going to love these. Wasn't in love with the quality control on the first wave (had problems with 6 out of the 8 figures). The second wave, however, seems to be a huge leap in quality. Figures feel nice and solid now. THe Batcave is amazing; oozes 80's playset and looks great as the centerpiece of the collection. Really hoping this line continues.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

The Batcave almost seems le me. Still holding out. Too many things to buy this year.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                      Memory *is* RAM!
                      • Apr 11, 2002

Form factor killed these for me. They demand to be displayed, and if I started, I couldn't stop (I gotta have ace if I get Batman, and they've all got to go in the Batcave, etc etc etc). I just don't have the room to collect everything I like.
                      "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        but I would have rather seen Funko give us a 3.75" line like the New Teen Titans and First Appearance Superman they snuck out their collector club.
                        Yeah, I mean I don't personally like the MOTU figure aesthetic so I'm totally biased but that First Appearance Superman was perfection, I really hoped at least for the trinity there.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I mean I don't personally like the MOTU figure aesthetic so I'm totally biased but that First Appearance Superman was perfection, I really hoped at least for the trinity there.
                          Oh yes, I love that figure, and the card and everything. I would love to have Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, etc.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            I have to say, now that we're past the Pixel Dan hoax fiasco...I'm still not personally into these.
                            Same here. I don't know. Maybe the hoax just permanently turned me off. The only thing I'm digging is the Batcave. I think it actually works better as a playset for Hordak than as the Batcave.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^I can definitely see that.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢