X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Black Hole: The Palomino

This is one of my greatest "wish this toy was made" events of my childhood. You see, I was the kid that preferred "The Black Hole" to Star Wars, call it hipsterism if you will but I was in that minority.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Star Wars but I didn't stop caring about the Black Hole after Empire Strikes Back, I caught the movie two more times (once in my grade school gym) and followed the adventures of the crew in the "Beyond the Black Hole" comic.

I also completely expected a sequel.

When I first saw this Palomino ship in a Mego Catalog in my teens, i remember thinking "AW COME ON!". I would have played with this for the entirety of 1980....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Would've been a great toy.
    Up there at the top of my "should have been made" list along with Mattel's Galactica electronic command ship.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

This toy would have been fantastic --- but was never a huge fan of the Palomino

I always thought it looked too much like the Lunar Lander and the esthetics of the Palomino don't jive up with the design of the Cygnus.

It's like they come from 2 different universes -- or do they ?

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Had MEGO produced this toy, I'm willing to bet that the final product would've been different from the catalog picture.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

I am seeing a covered cake dish with an automatic transmission fluid funnel for a hat. And legs.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎