Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the difference between a "Cornelius" and a "Galen"??

Back in the day .I was really into apes still have them all.the one thing I noticed between Cornelius and Galen besides the card is that the Galen heads have shiney paint apps and the head is slightly smaller and harder.every Galen I have ever seen on card never had a brown scroll plate viynal . always burgundy.although I have seen him with brown viynal on the arms.the majority of galens were type 2 bodies .while Cornelius were majority type 1 .I have seen the Galen description I mentioned on Cornelius cards later in 1976 .so it's really a matter of close inspection using all info from the galleries and people's experience .and pics on eBay and anyone who is selling a Galen.

Also about the ears.earlier Cornelius figures had light brown ears .but in 75 a lot of corns showed up with the green ears and burgundy viynal.the head is most best way to tell.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    By that same token, I have a sealed carded type 1 Verdon and a sealed carded type 2 Burke, which I never noticed but now kind of bothers me.
    I'm confused by that statement. what is it that confuses you? I have carded versions of both on T2 bodies(I think)

I think he's saying that he's a bit OCD that his carded Burke and Verdon don't have matching body types. And I do understand that thinking, I'd probably be the same way about it.

Blog Entries
    Yup, pretty much.