• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Joker Trailer

That's incredible
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I’d love to know how the meetings at Warner’s go for these DC projects.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I wasn't sure about this movie from what was available through the trades, but this is going to be a twisted movie that looks to be good. It seems to add in what was known about Joker before the clown. It seems it will be another Bat-Villain who is going to be at least 20 years older that Batman when he comes onto the stage at that is a disappointment. Joker origin is tied to the early days of Batman and not the other way around.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I think this looks aweful myself. Easy pass.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          I wasn't sure about this movie from what was available through the trades, but this is going to be a twisted movie that looks to be good. It seems to add in what was known about Joker before the clown. It seems it will be another Bat-Villain who is going to be at least 20 years older that Batman when he comes onto the stage at that is a disappointment. Joker origin is tied to the early days of Batman and not the other way around.
          There's no indication of a time line from the teaser, Batman could still be a Bigfoot type urban legend at the time of this movie. Looks like he's got a Norman Bates mommy problem.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Bruce Wayne hasn't reached puberty in the movie. Thomas Wayne has more to do with this version of Joker.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              Bruce Wayne hasn't reached puberty in the movie. Thomas Wayne has more to do with this version of Joker.
              OK, I guess you know more about this movie. I don't see the big deal on the age difference.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

An odd and unique take. Not your typical Joker but already a million times better than Jared Leto.
                sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I'm up for this. It looks interesting, and since we've had so many live action Batmen and Jokers, I can go for a different approach for this film.

Phoenix has that pseudo-creepy, unhinged vibe about him anyway. He seems tailor-made for this skewed project.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I don't really have any feeling towards this whatsoever, I wish the DC was more solid before they started trotting out "Elseworlds" type movies but maybe that's also the thing that diversifies them from the MCU?

I'll eventually see this and Phoenix is a neat choice but I'm more interested in the next Wonder Woman movie.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brazoo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      Honestly seems like a classic hack move to me. Take what people know about the characters and flip them. Superman and Batman are jerks — Joker is a sad sweet man. Ugh.

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I'm more interested in the next Wonder Woman movie.
                        Haha - Yeah, it's funny. They actually made a movie that resembled the tone and character of a classic comic book and people seemed to enjoy themselves. Weird.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          This was pitched somewhere in the midst of Suicide Squad's production and the whole multiverse push. It was supposed to tie into DC's "Black Label" comic but it was just canceled, if I read that correctly.

I think the WB chaos changed things as a few cast members, (Baldwin iirc), said Phillips and Phoenix were doing daily and weekly re-writes. You see a LOT more Bat-verse influence than originally planned. I mean, I wasn't expecting Arkham at all. Then you have the changes to "The Batman" which is supposedly going into production later this year.

I would think WB is doing some simple math and saying Phoenix is going to be a winner, so he'll be Joker in Reeves reboot if/when they get to him. As for chronology, we don't know how old Phoenix's Fleck is supposed to be, I'd say 30's. Reeves Batman is supposed to be 30, so if Wayne is 10 in Philips film, that makes Joker 50 in a Bat film, which is close to Jaquin's real age. So he has an origin film, is locked away, Reeves establishes his Batman and Phoenix returns if they both meet demand.

Reeves just recently said he's not doing an origin story but pushing the detective aspect and speculation is it's set in the 90's. Joker is set in the 80's. Reeves isn't using Joker for the first film, so it could all time out for a sequel.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I'll eventually see this and Phoenix is a neat choice but I'm more interested in the next Wonder Woman movie.
                            Well...HELLO!?!?!?!?!?

Of course I’d be more interested in the awesomeness of Wonder Woman...waaaay more than anything!!!

But this artsy farsty Joaquin Phoenix take on the Joker is interesting. Like one of those quirky indie flicks.
                            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

It just looks like the elevator pitch was “You like Taxi Driver or Falling Down? What if the protagonist wears clown makeup?!?”
                              “Say no more!! Sold!!”

The more I think about it, the more I’m warming up to the concept if DC is making a slew of stand alone movies that aren’t meant to be part of a cinematic universe, because then it doesn’t need Batman, or have the Joker resemble the comic version even slightly.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎