X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Bumblebee movie released on VHS.

Not an April Fools. They actually did release limited edition promo copies of the movie on VHS. It's a shame they didn't release it for sale on VHS, though. I would SO buy it.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

That's cool, you are starting to see that sometimes now, retro is in. Just like many new music releases are now available on cassette as well as CD/vinyl/digital. One band I follow even had an 8-track tape version available for their latest release (it wasn't cheap though, god knows where they found a factory that could manufacture 8-tracks in this day and age!).

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Very cool. A real VHS cassette!

On a related note, I also like the retro VHS style packaging for Blu-rays which has become available for certain titles.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that totally makes sense for that movie, which by the way, is actually a very good, FUN movie. I recommend it to anyone. You don't even have to remotely like the Transformers...but it sure doesn't hurt!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

That is cool packaging. As far as I know, Criterion did that sort of thing first when they released Videodrome on DVD back in 2004. Not only does the thick DVD case have a cover insert that makes it look like a videotape, it's a Beta tape! Another film where packaging that looks like a videotape makes sense. But I did not try to insert it into my stomach like what happens in the film.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I despise/hate all the Transforners except for Bumblebee, now that was one fun movie.
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I love Transformers. Bumblebee was the first good live action Transformers movie.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I meant the live action movies prior to Bumblebee, terrible. The Toons were fine.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎