X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

They were actually a lot of fun to play with.
    Wow! That is totally the Megaforce vehicle and yes you really need to see it. It is probably the most 80s thing you will ever see and it was so close to being actually good. Some of the dialogue is kinda cringy and the effects aren't good in some spots. But it's still fun in its own way.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Ah, the movie that did so badly that afterwards Golden Harvest supposedly never again used an English title starting with "M". (which explains why a later Jackie Chan film has the nonsensical title of "Wheels on Meals" instead of the proper way around). I remember seeing ads all over the place in comic books of the era, that must have cost a pretty penny, unfortunately it didn't help. I caught it on cable years ago, maybe I should revisit it.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
        Ah, the movie that did so badly that afterwards Golden Harvest supposedly never again used an English title starting with "M". (which explains why a later Jackie Chan film has the nonsensical title of "Wheels on Meals" instead of the proper way around). I remember seeing ads all over the place in comic books of the era, that must have cost a pretty penny, unfortunately it didn't help. I caught it on cable years ago, maybe I should revisit it.
        I knew there was some superstition attached to the movie!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I have never seen this all the way through--but I was not into GIJ: RAH, either. Yor, however, I have on DVD.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

The toy dune buggy was great, I think it's body was recently re-used for a Luke Skywalker car.

I love the Yor on Blu-ray! I love the Reb Brown commentary.

I enjoy Megaforce. It's nice to see Persis Khambatta in the movie, with hair.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Byran Cranston was in the Megaforce Atari 2600 commercial.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Never knew that!
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

I must have ridden my bike to the cinema five times to see this. It was three miles one way, so yes even as a 10 year old my taste was questionable. I also made many jaunts to this same small 2-screen cinema to watch Condorman and They Call Me Bruce a few times. They also had the TRON arcade game here if memory serves so there's that ulterior motive.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• acrovader
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2011

Wanted to see this movie when it came out, which was right about the time E.T. hit the theaters. My brother told me he had a friend that saw the movie and said it sucked. But that didn't deter me from wanting to watch it once it made it to cable tv. I even had a couple of the die-cast vehicles.

I have the movie on DVD. Yes, it is bad. The film's pacing is poor, the villains were lame (the arch enemy didn't even seem very evil- sheesh), there was no urgency, no sense of adventure. And the film had one of the stupidest, anti-climatic endings ever.

But it is still a guilty pleasure for me. Even though there was no action figures for the film, RAH GI Joe made for surrogates in my toy-playing world.
                    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

My friend and I used our hard earned allowance to go see this at the 3rd rate movie theater(Fox Theater) on Hollywood Blvd. when it was released in theaters. I was 11 and had to have my 13 year old brother go as chaperone and he had his opinion of the movie which wasn't positive. I loved it and so did my friend. Great memories for me.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Somehow, I totally missed this movie and the comic book ads for it. Since I loved GI Joe RAH, this would have been right up my alley and I was the right age for it. Oh well, I guess I could see it now.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎