X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Megaforce 80s action cheese

Just to get it out of the way, it's not a good movie. Now, I'm not saying it's not fun in it's own way. It's a terrible movie that is still manages to be kinda fun. Sort of like Yor.

It's also probably a better live action GI JOE movie than the two official movies. But admittedly that is a really low bar.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I remember when the promos came out for this it look so freaking awesome.....and then I actually saw it. man oh man is that movie a crap fest. the vehicles were pretty cool though

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      the vehicles were pretty cool though
      Yeah, the Hotwheels from the movie were pretty rad.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

I saw the ads in comic books and expected it to be the best movie ever created. Even at that age (8 or 9) I was disappointed. These days I appreciate it for what it is, a great big slice of American Action Cheese.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The theme song is pretty cool. It really does scream the 80s.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I was surprised to find out Megaforce has never been released on Blu Ray outside of Japan.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

I too remember all the ads in the comics and getting really excited about the movie. Yeah, it was a moderate disappointment when I finally saw it. But as others have said... the vehicles were cool!

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Apr 2, '19, 4:35 AM.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Mattel actually designed stuff for this movie including the costumes, so that toy vibe you're picking up is totally there. I'd love to see the planned toy line for this movie, it was probably pretty cool.

I remember being intrigued to see this movie but it's release was severely limited, so i had to wait for cable. When I did see it, the flying scene at the end had 12 year old me howling.

It's an odd movie, I much prefer it with Rifftrax. I find Barry Bostwick a weird choice for an action star, it's like Alan Alda playing Nick Fury. That gold lame outfit, hairstyle and headband makes him look like he's in "Staying Alive".

Also this:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Also, I did not know this existed. Kind of disappointing but still...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Somehow...I never managed to see this movie. I remember the comic ads, and the TV ads, and I wanted to see it, but I don't recall ever even seeing at the video store.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

it's worth checking out, it's Mega Cheese.

Comment

• Godzilla
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 3, 2002

Yeah it's my kind of cheese. I also completely ate up the Atari Megaforce game.
                        Mortui Vivos Docent
                        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

There was a series of blow-molded vehicles out after this that reminded me of the comic ad, and they were called Laser Force. They were cheap, and we bought them to supplement our GI Joe armory.

They were actually a lot of fun to play with.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

are those made by Gay toys?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, according to the Google search. I had no idea. I hadn't thought of them in 30 years. But the name just popped in my head, so I did an image search.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎