Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

I used acetone on a Mattell Dr. Russell and within less than 2 minutes the head split and ALL the paint came off. I was able to remove it in one piece and when it did dry it was actually the perfect Mego size but that Acetone can really be hit or miss. I've seen You Tube tutorials where they dilute the Acetone slightly with water so it isn't so harsh.

I have a few beater Angel's tucked away so I may try the Naptha method and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
      I used acetone on a Mattell Dr. Russell and within less than 2 minutes the head split and ALL the paint came off. I was able to remove it in one piece and when it did dry it was actually the perfect Mego size but that Acetone can really be hit or miss. I've seen You Tube tutorials where they dilute the Acetone slightly with water so it isn't so harsh.

I have a few beater Angel's tucked away so I may try the Naptha method and see what happens. Will keep you posted.
      I'd look forward to your shrunken Angels' heads results. I'm only starting to experiment with Naptha. It's a very slow process (I'm spoiled by the acetone way), but I picked up the chemical for the rooted hair heads. I experimented on a FTC classic (Mego-like) Wonder Woman. I left it for ~2.5 weeks. The head did indeed shrink, but I must say, I think the chemical took the wave out the hair: The Naptha seemed to straighten the hair.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by comicmike
        I'd look forward to your shrunken Angels' heads results. I'm only starting to experiment with Naptha. It's a very slow process (I'm spoiled by the acetone way), but I picked up the chemical for the rooted hair heads. I experimented on a FTC classic (Mego-like) Wonder Woman. I left it for ~2.5 weeks. The head did indeed shrink, but I must say, I think the chemical took the wave out the hair: The Naptha seemed to straighten the hair.
        Time for some hair curlers.

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Time for some hair curlers.
          Hahaha, **okay**!!!
          I use short straws, skinny metal hair clips, hot boiling water, a hot hair dryer, *ugh* and a LOT of patience.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Vintage perm rods and steam are your friend.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎