Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I watched it from beginning to end.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

They did have one of the better Lex Luthors.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

To me I would rather watch Smallville over Gotham any day. How in the world does that version of Bruce Wayne become Batman?? He has very little training. That show wasted so much time NOT training but had him wondering around Gotham chasing after Selena Kyle and the Joker, villains that will be 20 years older than Batman.

The classic Batman villains should even show up till after Batman makes the scene. This show should have been about the mob bosses ruling over Gotham, during sweeps week they could have dealt with Court of Owls, that's it. I feel when it comes to a making of super-hero they will always fall into this trap, trying to squeeze in future villains for ratings.

Now after saying this, Smallville feel into that trap. They introduced characters that young Clark Kent should have never run across: Doomsday, Perry White, Metallo, Darksied's Elite. At the same time I did love the JSA cross-over episode.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Smallville over Gotham...ah, no, lol.

...and this is coming from a life long suffering Supes fan who is always fighting the zealot Batman writers and fanboys to no end, ha.

I love the villains, and that’s what makes Gotham great. As a matter of fact, young Bruce Wayne is my least favorite character, I could care less about him, he’s a bore. I’m sure in the final episode, we are going to see the lamest Batman ever...

Last edited by Hector; Apr 2, '19, 1:31 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

My favorite TV superhero show today?

Not Gotham, not the Flash, not Green Arrow, not any of the CW shows, not Daredevil, not Jessica Jones, not the Punisher, not Agents of Shield, etc...

It’s the Umbrella Academy. I went head over heels over it...I don’t know why...have seen all 10 episodes three times each...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              To me I would rather watch Smallville over Gotham any day. How in the world does that version of Bruce Wayne become Batman?? He has very little training. That show wasted so much time NOT training but had him wondering around Gotham chasing after Selena Kyle and the Joker, villains that will be 20 years older than Batman.

The classic Batman villains should even show up till after Batman makes the scene. This show should have been about the mob bosses ruling over Gotham, during sweeps week they could have dealt with Court of Owls, that's it. I feel when it comes to a making of super-hero they will always fall into this trap, trying to squeeze in future villains for ratings.

Now after saying this, Smallville feel into that trap. They introduced characters that young Clark Kent should have never run across: Doomsday, Perry White, Metallo, Darksied's Elite. At the same time I did love the JSA cross-over episode.
              Selina and the supposed Joker on the show are portrayed as the same age-ish as Bruce not 20 years older.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Penguin, Riddler, Harvey Dent, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and more are older than Bruce Wayne.

My main problem is where was Bruce's training
                Not training from Zatara, Wildcat, and other well known people in there fields that helped Beuce became Batman.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

For characters like Batman and Daredevil to be physically plausible, they need to be 30-35 max--Bob Rozakis once alluded to this in an Answer Man column when asked about the general age of DC's established heroes, in which he indicated "early 30s."

Penguin older, yes. Joker and Riddler, Freeze and Scarecrow--a little older, probably. Kyle and Isley, unlikely and just barely.

IMO, the "timelines" of both these shows was pretty ridiculous and doesn't support scrutiny--I just enjoyed some of the interpretations along the way, like the scenery in a well-done dark-ride.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Mentally Ivy is still the same age as Bruce, Scarecrow is too. I can see some of them being different ages, its not like they all went to Riverdale High together.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

To clarify, I was referring to traditional versions.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Hottest Lois ever.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                          learning all the time
                          • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          Hottest Lois ever.
                          I'm with you on Erica Durance but

Terri Hatcher and Amy Adams

I did like their 1st meeting in the cornfield tho

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Hottest Lois to me is Terri Hatcher.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Erica Durance was my TV "IT" girl for awhile. My wife used to jab me about it constantly. Terri Hatcher was before her as well. Nothing wrong with Amy Adams either! Well, except for the movies she has to play Lois in.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎