X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I need help

No matter how squishy this stupid female head is, I can't get it onto the 12 inch neckpost!

I've been trying for more than an hour and my hands are hurting!
    JediJaida
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

what is the problem? head hole too small?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Seems like it, yet I've attached 2 other heads to totally different bodies with no problem.
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

can you dremel it out a bit? some of the pics I've seen look like the 8 inch head on the 12 inch bodies.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I haven't got a dremel.
          JediJaida

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Do you have an exacto knife to shave off thin layers around the opening to make the hole bigger? Old school way I did such tasks before investing in a dremel.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

well not sure what else you can do. I know the Famous Covers females were a pain and I usually just made a small slit in the back of the head that would be hidden by the hair

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Or just send all the junk back to FTC

Comment

• almitysufx
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 27, 2004

I used to use a pair of scissors to widen neck holes. Put the closed blades in the hole then slowly turn them adding a little pressure.
                  if the hole is all ready wider than the scissors you can spread the blades till they touch the sides of the hole. Hope that helps, Good luck.

Comment

• Treadwell
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Dec 31, 2018

Making the hole bigger is easy with any knife. The trick is, you let the sharp edge face AWAY from the direction of movement, so that you're scraping rather than cutting.

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I'm coming from the standpoint that it first got on there somehow. Even after trimming it wider with scissors or a knife, and although the head is squishy, consider *over-heating* it anyway. When the head has doll hair, I heat the head up in a bag when I put it in a stovetop saucepan's boiling water (so I don't worry about having to dry the hair out afterwards). Sometimes I simply have to make it as hot and as soft as possible, & assemble it with rubber gloves (to reduce my Fred Flintstone grumbling; *wink). Personally, I use a hemostat /scissor clamp (from the hobby shop) first clamped on the elastic beneath the neck post, so I can more easily handle the post (& the post can stay more stationary, or be gripped). Please be careful & let your sore hands rest up. I've pulled & torn my finger skin handling difficult & small, hot toy parts.

Originally posted by JediJaida
                      It's darned hard to get the female head on the neck post.
                      Even after softening it in hot water! The stupid little anchor pin for the rubber band went INTO the post, and the whole body fell apart. I'm going to fix it tomorrow but this is ridiculous!
                      I just got my series 2 DC Classics 12" figures. In all I bought Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Mary Marvel, Flash, Plastic Man, Joker, Riddler, Penguin. What worked ... The costumes really pop at this scale ... the colors look great. The head sculpts look great at this scale.
                      Last edited by comicmike; Mar 31, '19, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Well, I dug up an exact blade and trimmed the neck hole. I still had to do a bit of futzing with the Daisy Duke head, but I got it onto the body.

As for a dremel, are there any good middle of the road brands that aren't too expensive but not too completely cheap anyone can recommend?

I spotted on on ebay for a nice price. What size head should I use for future reference?
                        Last edited by JediJaida; Mar 31, '19, 3:55 PM.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          Well, I dug up an exact blade and trimmed the neck hole. I still had to do a bit of futzing with the Daisy Duke head, but I got it onto the body.

As for a dremel, are there any good middle of the road brands that aren't too expensive but not too completely cheap anyone can recommend?

I spotted on on ebay for a nice price. What size head should I use for future reference?
                          If you have a Harbor Freight up your way, the knockoff version they sell is cheap and they have coupons for 20 percent off so even cheaper. I think you could get it at their site too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

A rotary tool is the best thing I ever invested in for customizing. Well, that and a magnifying lamp as I've aged.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

https://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-...-pc-60713.html

I just started using this one and so far ok, my black and decker rotary tool is dying so I am working on using this one more. The price is right.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎