X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I’m so in!

I see this as a What If story, albeit a very dark one.

Looks great!
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      That guy lost me when Superman blasted the terrorist guy thru a wall
      That was not even realistic.

If a Superman existed and hit a human being like that...it would not project like that...it would explode like a tomato or watermelon, lol.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Anyone noticed what state the airplane “crash” happened?

Yup, Kansas...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

New extended diner scene...

The waitress happens to be the mom of one of the school bullies...
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Anybody see this yet?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
              That was not even realistic.

If a Superman existed and hit a human being like that...it would not project like that...it would explode like a tomato or watermelon, lol.
              My point is Superman would not do that at all. He'd find a way around killing the guy.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

I cannot believe WB let that slide without a challenge.

Maybe Suicide Squad 2 was a trade-off with Gunn.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like it's not making much of a dent in the box office. I personally hope this quickly goes away. Poor Superman has suffered enough in the last 30 years without this besmirching his good name any further.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Looks like it's not making much of a dent in the box office. I personally hope this quickly goes away. Poor Superman has suffered enough in the last 30 years without this besmirching his good name any further.

Chris
                    Exactly. I'm somehow peeved at this film.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

I read an article about the fact DC allowed this even though the starting premise and main character are basically a superman rip off. It is such an intentional rip off that my kids and their friends told me this IS a superman movie. That is when I looked it up.

I will not watch it.

1. It is a cheap ploy
                      2. It is too graphic
                      3. I don't want a dark "comic" movie.

It looks like Smallville plus Big Budget Effects with Low budget story plus Teen horror movie meets

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

This is interesting: https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/26/bri...man-comic/amp/

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brue
                          I read an article about the fact DC allowed this even though the starting premise and main character are basically a superman rip off. It is such an intentional rip off that my kids and their friends told me this IS a superman movie. That is when I looked it up.

I will not watch it.

1. It is a cheap ploy
                          2. It is too graphic
                          3. I don't want a dark "comic" movie.

It looks like Smallville plus Big Budget Effects with Low budget story plus Teen horror movie meets
                          My thoughts almost exactly. And I thought Marvelman/Miracleman was a disgusting parody of The Shazam! Family. I respect Moore up to a point,but being an iconoclast is is a shtick just like any other.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Amen. These characters were never intended to be put in such adult situations. It's like making Mickey Mouse a serial killer or something. Disney has the sense to protect their IP's integrity. WB will exploit the characters any way that makes money (hence Superman being the big bad of the Injustice games), so it's fair game for others to take a stab at at it too.

The old school editors of these characters used to consider themselves stewards of the characters, and protected them. Nowadays comics are in such dire financial straits, they'll do anything to make a buck. Which includes appealing to audiences who want to see these characters portrayed in "adult" ways, and scoff at the kindler, gentler, kid-friendly versions. The actual owners are willing to do this, so the others riffing on it follow suit.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Stewardship, that's a good way to put it. I don't want these characters to stagnate and fade, but I don't want them exploited, either.

With things like The Lone Ranger, The Shadow, Doc Savage and perhaps The Phantom and Mandrake, I'll take nostalgia.

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

I saw this today, and yes, it's the "other/anti" Superman story, but I enjoyed the horror'ish take on it and it was done well IMO.
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡