X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on Ebay this week

A whole roll of vintage Star Wars wallpaper- This was in my bedroom from 1979 until 1989 and a girlfriend giggled at it. Looking at is just pure infused childhood, also my mom was wallpaper obsessed, my house had a "Sid and Marty Krofft" vibe about it, I'm guessing that had a lasting effect on me.

1/6th Doll of Patrick McGoohan from The Prisoner- Oh my stars, I want this more than air right now. I'm not even that big on 12" action figures (despite owning dozens) but I am such a big fan of this series it doesn't matter, this is seriously wonderful.

Archie Bunker T-Shirt by Crazy David- "Crazy David" was this cool Toronto T-Shirt Business that had ads in National Lampoon and Comic Books in the mid-1970s. My dad was a distributor and at one point we had the "Crazy David" van parked in our driveway, which was a status thing when you're six. As you can imagine, samples abounded and I had a rich, full wardrobe of shirts featuring "Fonzie", "Welcome Back Kotter" and others. It all came crashing down and David himself kind of disappeared, probably a neat story in there.

Jointed Cornelius from Planet of the Apes by Our Way Studios- This one is a little damaged but it's tempting me because I've always wanted it. I believe the artist is Mike Ploog who did some Planet of the Apes comics for Marvel. If I had the cash, I'd buy this, also I'd need wall space.

A-Team Grenade Toss Set- My buddy Dave sent me this and while I'm not as big an A-Team fan as him, it is kind of wonderful absurd. It's a cardboard box with 3 grenades, the kind of toy that probably will never see the light of day again. Also, are you killing the A-Team?

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That Prisoner figure is excellent.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

cool stuff as always. that A-Team thing must be season 1 era? didn't they ditch the woman after S1?

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Never seen that wall paper before.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Obibob
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 27, 2007

I'm pretty sure that's Alexander from the Marvel Terror on the Planet of the Apes story line from their monthly POTA magazine (which Mike Ploog originally did the art for). Either way, it's gorgeous!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

The Prisoner figure, the Archie Bunker t-shirt and that wall paper, wow!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

I look forward to this section every week! So many awesome and bizarre things every time! Thanks for doing this!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                cool stuff as always. that A-Team thing must be season 1 era? didn't they ditch the woman after S1?
                and then they got the second woman in, cant remember their names. After season three they got rid of both.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

I saw rolls of that wallpaper at Sinclair Paints. Parents said no since we lived in an apartment. Still love it after seeing it after all these years. Good find, Brian!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎