Thread: Updating Tomland aliens...

Updating Tomland aliens...

Okay, Ive got some Tomland Star Raiders heads Ive had laying in a bag of heads for a long time, and I finally decided I wanted to use them when I set up a second Mego Classic Trek display on the bookshelf in my living room. That meant I needed to have them look Mego-esque, so kitbashing seemed the best approach. I wanted an idea of what theyd look like, so I did some Photoshoping, and this is what Im thinking of doing:

STARRAIDERS1.jpg

Ridal Tomland head, CTVT brown fringed jacket, red fringe pants, brown barbarian boots, red material for scarf

Yog Tomland head, CTVT Red body , red bodysuit, yellow trunks, Neptunian red gloves, Neptunian yellow boots

Zhor Dr. Mego Zhor head, Diamond Mugato body, CTVT red long vest, red hooded cape, yellow tights, red wrist guards

Coth Tomland glow head, Mego Frankenstein glow body, CTVT green tunic, gray barbarian bracelets, brown sandals, Dr Mego red hooded cape, brown belt

Bico Tomland head, CTVT green shirt, yellow tights, red cloth scarf belt, black Robin Hood boots, Dr Mego black flair gloves

Yick I kinda hate the costume on the original figure (looks more like a bad reject from Sgt. Pepper than the space captain I think they were going for), so a new look with a color scheme cue from the original (sorta): Tomland head, CTVT red body, Black motorcycle outfit, lime green king cape, lime green cloth wrist cuffs, lime green pirate boots

Comments, ideas or suggestions? Anyone know of other heads there are repros of?

They have a good, retro look to them.

Images
    Blog Entries
    These are wonderful!
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I really like these!

These are really fantastic and colorful. Well done!

Really nice colorful and sharp looking, great job.

Images
    These are awesome.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

And...I can't make Yick anyway; just pulled out his head and it's missing the whole top part of the skull. No idea if I did that or if it came that way. But I've got all the parts on the way from CTVT and the good doctor. so if shouldn't take long to put the rest of them together when stuff arrives.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear that happened with Yick. I've always liked the "cerebral" look of Yick and especially Ah.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that happened with Yick. I've always liked the "cerebral" look of Yick and especially Ah.
    Likely my own doing; must have wanted that cerebrum for something else. Can't for the life of me recall what... Anyway, hoping the CTVT pieces arrive soon.